Christmas with the Spiers

Start from the beginning

"Nope, anyways, does Hallie like jewelry?" 

"Depends, haven't you been dating her for like six years now?"

"Seven. But would she like a ring?"

"You're going to propose?"

"No, no, no, not happening,"

"Then what?"

Herman took the next hour talking about pretty much anything and everything he could think of, "and that's why I think Dora the explorer is in a cult with Bob the builder, Caillou and Barney are all in a cult with each other," 

"Madeline! Dawn! Herman! Dinner," Sharon yelled.

"Thank god," Herman mubled along with Madeline.

------

"What did, you-know-who, have to say?" Herman asked his mom.

"Nothing I can say down here," 

"Madeline, can I ask you a question? And can you answer it as honestly as possible?" Richard questioned his adoptive daughter. "Yes?"

"Do you still love Sam?" 

Madeline didn't know how to respond, all she could do was slowly nod, "I think so, I can't stop thinking about him, I miss him so much, and our relationship-"

"Sam dropped this by for you, I think you so read it," Richard told her, handing her an evaloupe. "Hey y'all!" Mary Anne exclaimed coming in the house.

"Not right now, we have some Sameline tea," Dawn told her, "can you please read it out loud?"

Madeline rolled her eyes and nodded, "Madeline, I miss you greatly and the reason we broke up was idiotic. Just because you had a year left of college didn't mean we couldn't still figure it out. I'm going to go straight to the point, Madeline Spier, I love you, with all of my heart and soul. You've probably moved on, you probably have left me in the past, as your first boyfriend, the unheard of one. But if you have not, meet me tonight at the pond we went to on our first date at seven-thirty. With love, Sam," Maddie read.

"Are you going to go?" Mary Anne asked.

"Dad, I don't think I have time to eat dinner, Sam's doing some big romantic gesture and I look like I just escaped the zombie apocalypse," Maddie rambled as she rushed up the stairs, "Mary Anne, Dawn, I need your assistance," 

-----

After and hour of Madeline freaking out, she left the house to meet up with Sam. "Madeline, you came!" Sam exclaimed once he could see her shadow. 

"Did you have doubt?"

"Not going to lie, a little. Now I have to ask you a very important question,"

"Go on," 

Sam got down on one knee and pulled a small black box out, "Madeline Spier, will you ma-"

"YES!!!" Madeline exclaimed, Sam got up, overjoyed.

"Wait I didn't even finish,"

"Yes I will marry you," the two shared a passionate kiss as snow began to fall circling them, "Shall we go tell the others you said yes?"

"We shall," Madeline gigled.

----

"Madeline your back early, oh, with Sam," Sharon smirked at the last bit.

"We have an announcement," Sam told them.

"Sam asked me to marry him,"

"And she rejected me,"

"Yes I re- wait, no I accepted him, maybe I should be having second th-"

"No, darling that's not necessary,"

"What did I tell you about calling me 'darling'," 

"My love?"

"Still tacky but better, now we should probably go over to Watson's,"

"Nonsense, that storm is getting worse and worse, Sam will have to spend the night," Sharon told them,"seeing as you and Maddie are engaged, you can stay with her," 

"You two better behave," Richard said sternly.

"Does he honestly think this is the first time we've shared a bed?" Sam whispered to Maddie, loud enough for everyone to hear. "He thinks we've only kissed twice,"

"How did you get away with that?" Herman asked.

"Wait, back up, just how far have you and Sam gone exactly?"

"What happens in college, stays in college," Maddie answered, "come on, Sam,"

"It's only eight,"

"I'm on east coast time,"

"We are on the east coast right now,"

"Uhh, fine, I want some alone time with my fiancé, is that too much to ask?" Maddie admitted, "Well that depends on what your doing in that 'alone time'," Richard responded.

"Nothing new,"

-------

At midnight, everyone was asleep, for tomorrow was the chaos of Christmas Eve. Madeline and Sam were together, after a six-month break up, lying side by side. Richard paid Mary Anne and Dawn twenty dollars each to spy on them, but they were sleeping on the job. Sharon and Richard passed out. And Herman had snuck out hours ago.

THE END