Chapter 67

YOUR POV:
~~~~~~~~
Looking up at Peter, the hole in my heart feels even more prominent. I absolutely hate how things are between us. I just want everything to go back to normal. The way things were before this whole situation, when we were just teenagers in school, oblivious to most of the dangers of the world and the responsibilities on our shoulders. I want our friendship back, the one where we could tell each other anything or just be comfortable in the other's presence.

I miss it.

I miss you, Pete.

As I stare into his eyes, I see the conflict going on inside him. I've always been able to tell what he's thinking, even with this split between us. He isn't sure about this. But about what? I open my mouth to say something, when he interrupts me.

Not with words.

Peter immediately closes the gap between us, kissing me with an intense passion, a hunger, a need. With just a second of hesitation, I return it, feeling fireworks go off inside of me. He steps inside my room, and I can hear the door close behind him. He takes ahold of my waist as my hands move to his cheeks, soon diving into his soft curls. He spins me around, gently pressing me against the wall as his grip on my waist tightens, like he's afraid to let me go. We pull each other closer every second that our lips make contact, allowing our true emotions to finally show. We don't need our words to communicate this time. With his kiss, everything is finally clear, and I can tell that he needed this just as much as I did.

It soon slows, becoming gentle, sweet, and loving. Peter pulls away, leaving about an inch of space between us, planting another soft kiss onto my lips directly after.

My eyes open, slowly, our chests rising and falling in perfect unison.

He rests his forehead on mine, neither of us saying a word as we enjoy the sweet moment of utter bliss.

"I've been waiting to do that for such a long time," he whispers, breathing heavily.

"You really need to stop sending mixed signals."

"I do?"

"Fine, I get it."

He leans down, gently setting his soft lips against my forehead, and my eyes flutter shut as I smile.