Chapter 28

thx for 700!!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
YOUR POV:
~~~~~~~~
I continue to look up recent articles about my alter-ego when FRIDAY starts speaking. "Miss (y/n), Mister Stark's team has just arrived."

I gasp, shutting my laptop and sprinting out of my room. I run outside, seeing the limo pull up. When only Vision and Rhodey get out, I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I give them quick hugs nonetheless and lead them inside, motioning for them to sit as they must be exhausted. "Where's Tony?" I ask, standing and tapping my foot in worry. "He's just talking to another member of the team. He will most likely be back later," Vision says. I bite my lip, some of my fears gone, but the rest remaining. "And Nat?"

They exchange a glance, and Rhodey turns to face me, sitting up straighter. "She, uh... she switched sides." I groan, sinking into a chair and covering my face with my hands. "She's an enemy of the law now. I'm sorry."

I exhale, deeply, and run my hands down my face, resting my thumbs under my chin and my fingers just barely touching my nose. "So I take it we won, then?" I ask after a while, voice breaking a bit. Rhodey nods as he stands, patting my shoulder. "Yeah. We won."

TWO HOURS LATER
~~~~~~~~
"Mister Stark has arrived."

I jump up at FRIDAY's announcement, walking to the door and out into the cool night air. When Tony steps out of the car, I jog over to him, trying to hold back my tears. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly as he pats my back. "I'm sorry about Nat, kid." I sniffle, pulling away and smiling a bit.

"I'm just glad you're okay."

He tilts his head, face contorting in sadness for a second before masking it with a smile. He puts his arm around my shoulders and walks inside the facility with me, leading me to the lab. "Why are we here?" I ask, confused. Tony pulls up a chair, motioning for me to sit in it. I do so, crossing my legs, and he pulls up another one in front of me, turning it around and sitting so his arms are resting on the backrest.

"You and I need to have a conversation about nighttime crime-fighting, missy."

'Shit,' I mentally groan, folding my lips inward and inhaling sharply. "I mean, really? You thought I wouldn't find out?" I open my mouth to answer, only getting out a sound from the back of my throat before sighing and closing it, shoulders slumping. "You could get yourself into some serious danger." "Look, I sensed that something was wrong. Spider-Man apparently has abandoned his neighborhood, so I took over. And I've been helping people, and-"

"You didn't let me finish."

I furrow my eyebrows, tilting my head as I look at Tony, mouth slightly agape. "What I was saying is that you can get yourself into really dangerous situations. Unless you have a proper suit. I want to help you, kid."

My eyes widen, and I sit up straighter. "Really? You're not mad or anything?" He shakes his head, smiling. "I'm not mad. I'm a little annoyed that you didn't tell me about this, but I can tell that you're passionate about making the world a better place. I just want to make sure that you won't get easily hurt. So..." he stands up, walking to his desk, "we're going to make you a suit."

"Oh, my god, thank you!" I exclaim, jumping up and running over to him, enveloping him in a hug. He chuckles, wincing slightly, and I pull away, "Oops."

We stay up for hours creating the design and adding in special features. "Take the electricity here and increase it by about-" "Seventeen percent," I finish, Tony and I exchanging a grin.

At around 2:00 AM, we both stand back, and I place my hands on my hips, biting my lip. "Actually," I start, reaching up to the hologram, "take this and just make it black. Yeah. Perfect." I take a few steps back, admiring the work. "Good job, kid," Tony applauds, pulling me into a side hug. I lean into him, smiling.

THREE HOURS LATER
~~~~~~~~
"And... done!" Tony exclaims, putting his hands behind his head as he falls into a chair. I gently run my hand along the leather, smiling. "I'm gonna go try this on," I say, picking it up and running off to the attached bathroom. I carefully put it on, walking over to the floor-length mirror.

It isn't necessarily a suit, but it's definitely good for combat.

The black and bulletproof leather design is the same as the one I've previously used, only much stronger and convenient. Straps of leather run all the way down my left leg, ideal for holding a variety of weapons, and the undersides of my wrists contain hidden pockets for small weapons and advanced versions of Nat's famous tasers. I reach my hands up, pulling the attached hood up and over my head. It's made of the very same metal crescents that gave me my name, except they make up a flexible black sheet. When I let go, a loose mask of the same material forms, only silver, covering my mouth and nose, leaving my eyes visible and the rest of my face hidden in the hood's shadow. I look down at my wrists, tapping their backs together, and the top halves of my hands become gloved with the more new and improved tech than before.

I flex the muscles in my fingers, quickly, and the silver metal at my knuckles sticks up, creating an armored fist. Or claws, of a sort. I let them flatten, and I pull the hood back from my head, the mask vanishing as well.

I step out from the room and look at Tony, smiling widely.

"I love it."