Chapter 5

YOUR POV:
~~~~~~~~
I walk down the halls with Nat, feeling content after the meal I just ate. That was possibly the most food I've ever been given in years. "So," Nat says, pulling me away from my thoughts, "this is going to be your room. It's right next to mine, so if you need anything, I'll be right here. Is that okay?" I look up at her and smile brightly. "Yeah," I start.

"Yeah, it's more than okay."

NATASHA'S POV:
~~~~~~~~
I smile down at (y/n) and lead her into the room, her gasp filling me with joy. "Whoa," she mutters, walking around and looking at everything in awe. "Tony and I took the liberty of putting in these," I say, gesturing to the microscope, atom model set, and science novels on her desk. Her eyes widen in excitement and she dashes to the desk, immediately picking up one of the books.
"I really wanted to read this one!" she exclaims, hugging it to her chest, and I smile even wider. Someone appears in my periphery, and I turn my head to see Tony standing in the doorway. He chuckles as he looks at (y/n) examining the microscope. She looks at us, smiles, and runs over to me.

Taking me completely by surprise with her actions.

A small pair of arms wraps around my waist and she presses the side of her face to my stomach. I gently hug her back, tears forming in my eyes. "Thank you," she whispers. "No problem," I manage to get out, still in shock. I can tell that she is still a bit tense, and I loosen my grip so that my arms are barely touching her, but she tightens her hold on my waist. Her body relaxes as she allows me to hug her back once more. Finally trusting me enough to touch me.

She pulls away after a while, and I smile at her as she walks to Tony. He crouches down and she pauses. I watch her contemplate for a moment of hesitation, and then she wraps her arms around his neck. He hugs her tightly, looking up at me with slightly teary eyes. I can hear her say a soft thanks in Tony's ear, getting a smile and gentle pat on the back. "I'm glad you like it, and, kid?" he asks, and (y/n) looks up in acknowledgement. "Nat and I are gonna talk outside, okay? Go ahead and look around some more, I put a bunch of cool stuff in here."
She nods in excitement and I walk to Tony. He pulls me into the hall and shuts the door behind us.

Immediately, a tear slips down both of our faces as I chuckle in disbelief. I wipe my cheek and put a hand over my mouth, hiding my huge grin as I look down. I run my hand through my hair and make eye contact with Tony.

"She really just..."

I nod at Tony's words, and he lets out a surprised exhale.

Looking back at the door, I smile even wider.

"I can't believe it."