Month #7

BEWARE: Over-use of the word "fuck" in this chapter. lol.

Pregnancy Month #7:

Taking a deep breath, she got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen so she can make lunch for her kids.

Her kids that keep asking every single day why their father isn’t sleeping at home. They keep asking why he isn’t around as much as before. Even an idiot can notice the depression the two kids are going through seeing their parents separated like that.

The front door opened and the sound of her kids’ voices were heard to the kitchen. But her heart started racing because she knew who brought the kids home today.

Gracie groaned as she tried reaching the rice that was too high. Way too high. All kinds of food were put that high so the kids wouldn’t reach them, thinking that Zayn would be able to be there every single day to grab them for her. (Honestly, that was their idea from the start).

“My god!” She groaned as she felt tired and gave up on reaching it. But she wasn’t able to turn around before she felt a presence behind her, as his hand reached up the cupboard and grabbed the rice.

“I…I can bring the rest down so you wouldn’t have to reach up that high.” He spoke, her back still to him.

She closed her eyes, taking in his scent that never ceased to make her weak in the knees. “T-Thanks…”

But when she was finally able to turn around, she was shocked at how close he was to her. His breath fanned on her face as he looked straight in her eyes. “Gracie…”

And at that moment, it was like something was holding her pride down, making her heart take over. She was frozen as he started leaning down, his hands slowly making their way to her waist.

For him, it felt like he was living the dream. He was actually scared that it might be a dream. The fact that she was letting him stand that close to her surprised him more than the fact that she hadn’t stopped him yet.

But he stopped as their lips brushed against each other momentarily. “Y-You know…You know how much I love you. Please…let me take care of you. Let me come back. Please…”

But before he was able to press his lips against hers, she turned her face, causing his lips to land on her cheek as it felt like a truck of fireworks erupted inside her. But now, her pride wasn’t held back anymore…her heart wasn’t taking over her body.

“Get away from me.”

“Gracie, please…”

“I already made my mind up. Thanks for bringing the kids, you can go now.”

“I’m not leaving!” He said, as he had enough of everything. “This is my house too, Grace. This is my home. These are my kids and you’re my wife!”

“Not for long.”

“I’m not leaving this house and I don’t care what you do. I want to spend time with my kids. I’m not a fucking chauffer, taking them and bringing them back from school.”

“Fine, you stay. I’ll leave.” She said.

“Where the hell are you going to go?! Why are you being like this?! What the fuck did I do?! Was it because of us not talking the whole time? That doesn’t mean I stopped caring or loving you! I was upset! Gracie, how the hell would you react knowing that someone you love is going to die and they could’ve done something about it but they didn’t? How would you feel?!” He yelled.

And he had a point. She knew he had a point when he put it that way. If it was the other way around and he was the one dying, she would be devastated.