Out

“This isn’t fucking happening, Grace!” He shouts.

“Zayn, can you calm down!?” She yells back.

Harry was gripping the couch in order to keep himself standing as his teeth were clenched.

“How the fuck can I calm down?! How the hell do you expect me to fucking calm down?!” Zayn yells, even louder. “You’re going to do it, Grace.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you fucking are!”

“You’re not going to make this decision for me!”

“I’m your husband for fucks sake! You’re not continuing with this. Discussion over.”

“Oh, yes it is over. Because I’m not doing it.” She spits as she folds her arms across her chest.

“Are you fucking insane?! ARE YOU?!”

“Gracie, you need to do this.” Louis says, trying to sound calm.

“You’re going to do what the fucking doctor said.” Harry spoke up, not looking at his sister.

//////////////////////

(A few hours earlier)

“Babe, we need to take you to the doctor’s office.” Zayn spoke softly as he held her back while she washed her face.

“It’s only morning sickness.” Gracie replied.

“You’ve been throwing up for two days straight. You can’t keep anything in your stomach. You told me yourself that you feel like your heart beat is too fast. Babe, we’re going to the hospital.”

She sighed as she leaned back into Zayn’s body, feeling weak.

It had been two days since Eleanor gave birth to two beautiful identical twin boys, to their surprise since they had thought that she had a boy and a girl. (But it wasn’t to Louis’ advantage since he quote probably couldn’t tell them apart and will mix up their identities one day.)

Gracie had been feeling ill for a while but didn’t tell anyone about it until Zayn had seen her throw up repeatedly back at Louis’ house.

The car ride to the doctor’s office was silent. It wasn’t the comfortable silence that they were used to.

Gracie was nervous. She was nervous because she knew what morning sickness was, she experienced morning sickness before and she knew it was nothing close to what was happening to her. 

//////////////

It felt like De JA Vu all over again as they sat, waiting for her tests to come out. Zayn held her hand in his as he gave her a small smile, unable to give more.

“It’ll be alright.” He whispered to her, not sure how true that sentence actually was.

“Mr. and Mrs. Malik, the doctor will see you now.” The secretary told them.

//////

“So, good news or bad news first?” The doctor asks them.

“Good news.” Gracie blurts out, too nervous for this whole questioning thing.

He sighed as he looked at the couple. “Well---“ He was cut off as there was a knock on the door.

He got up and opened it. “Thank you for coming. I thought I’d call you incase both of them weren’t in the condition to drive back home.” He whispered.

“Harry? Louis? What are you two doing here?!” Zayn asks them, as they walk in.

“We’re just as confused as you two are.” Harry tells them.