Chapter 1- The Airport

its Victor Nikiforov's first day back, as a competitor and a coach. he's not sure if making a full comeback was his best decision he's made, but why should he question his actions? he is Victor Nikiforov, after all. if he was to question his actions, then what would that mean for Yuuri? what would that mean for what he told Yuuri? he once told Yuuri, "i have full confidence in the decisions you make, Yuuri." he also told Yuuri to trust himself more. so why isn't Victor trusting himself? he shakes his head. "calm down. calm down. why are you being like this? trust yourself!!" he then see's Yuuri running towards him. Victor all at once forgot where he was. who he was. and what he was doing. he looked around. an airport? in... China? he made eye contact with Yuuri. his sweet Yuuri Katsuki. he caught Yuuri as he leaped into Victor's arms. Yuuri's eyes were teary, and he didn't say a word. he just hugged Victor, he wouldn't let go. is he happy? is he upset? Victor didn't know. Yuuri pulled away for a second, his eyes still teary, he looked up at Victor and said "i've missed you so much" his tears begin to fall, as he hugs Victor again. Victor automatically picked him up into a hug, and Victor didn't know what to do. what to say. he's been longing to see Yuuri for so long, yet he's lost all the words he wanted to say. all the things he wanted to tell him were just gone from his mind. and then Victor realized why. he didn't hesitate to understand his feelings. he put Yuuri down, and Yuuri looked up at Victor with confused eyes. Victor was smiling. he looked kinda nervous, yet happy. "Yuuri Katsuki, my Yuuri. theres so many things i've wanted to tell you. but i completely forgot all those things. i was so confused. as soon as i saw you, running at me, my mind just went blank. i've longed to see you, and i've wanted to tell you all these things. but i realized why i've forgotten all those things ive told you- because of 3 words. 3 words you and i wouldn't have understood before we met. but i get it now. i understand it all now." he grabbed Yuuri's hands, looking at their matching rings, "Yuuri..." Yuuri was so confused. were these words going to be bad? 3 words... 3 words... what 3 words? Yuuri was so confused and anxious. then he felt safe. he felt safe when he got out of his head and those things he was thinking. he felt safe when Victor pulled him into a hug. "i love you, Yuuri." Yuuri gasped. those were the 3 words... the person he's looked up too, for almost his whole life, is standing right in front of him. is his coach. and... he loves him? Yuuri has felt this way about Victor for a long time but didn't know how to express it. all he ever wanted was for Victor to just simply walk up to him, hug him and understand him. he didn't want anything from Victor other than him to understand. but Victor does lots more than understand him. he loves him. he's engaged to him. "i... i love you too, Victor." Victor smiled, he didn't think Yuuri felt the same way. he looked Yuuri in the eyes. his Yuuri loves him. Yuuri's eyes are kind, although Yuuri had already expressed his love to Victor in many ways, including his skating, Victor wasn't always sure he was serious about it. now he understands. Victor always just thought Yuuri was another person that looked up to him, and Victor wanted to be something other than an idol to Yuuri. he wanted to wake up with Yuuri in his arms. thats all he ever wanted. and he's had that for so long now, but now he realizes Yuuri didn't do all of this just for Victor to notice him. it's because he loves him. he truly does. he always has. he always will. for Yuuri, its always been Victor. he feels safe with Victor. he trusts Victor. and Victor didn't quite understand that Yuuri was always the one for him. but he gets it now. he gets it all.