16 - Dream

Samantha's heart is beating like a drum. Tiny droplets of sweat are pooled on her forehead. Her eyes seemed tired too and her breathings are still heavy.

All of these are because of the freaking nightmare.

Her mind is blank and she cannot think clearly. She doesn't have any opinions or reactions about her bad dream. All she knows, everything feels real but she is not engaging to it. She keeps on repeating to herself that it is just a dream.

A bad dream.

When she recovered from her deep thinking, she prepared to get off from the bed but she noticed that there is a stem of sunflower resting on her stomach. It is so beautiful that it can brighten her day already, only if she didn't just experience a terrible sleep. 

The flower is a huge one and the petals are so bright and lively. The scent of the blossom mixed with Michael's scent that made her love the flower even more. However, her mind is still confused and clouded. Michael's handwritten note didn't help her to recover too.

Whatever happens.

Samantha reminded herself again that everything is just a dream. Her boyfriend is a real one. Not a corpse.

"It is just a dream. Just a dream." She muttered to herself.

To convince her own self even more, she walked towards her window and the cold morning breeze greeted her warm but pale skin. 

You promised me. You promised.

Her mind played games with her. Michael's words keep on repeating inside her head. But then, Samantha learned how to deal with these kind of thinkings so she just shrugged the screams right away. 

She put the sunflower on the vase which is on her night stand, together with the other bunch of sunflowers. All of the floras are fresh and in full bloom like they were just picked that morning.

Samantha lost herself for a second. She stared at the bright flowers but she is actually looking at nothingness. She was just interrupted by a soft knock on the door and her mother peeked to check on her.

"Sam?" Christie called and Samantha switched her attention to her mother. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yes." She stuttered and nodded her head to convince Christie. 

The maternal instincts worked and Christie knew that something is bothering her daughter. But then, she doesn't want to ask because Samantha looked confused and lost. Christie got worried even more because she has her own alarming observations about her daughter these past few days, especially that Samantha has visitors downstairs.

"You have visitors. Your friends are waiting for you downstairs." Christie said and Samantha acknowledged it.

Samantha has no idea why her friends visited her. In school, they are almost avoiding her or maybe, that's just what she thought. She is the one who keeps on making excuses so she can meet and see Michael in their safe haven.

When ready, Samantha went downstairs and she knitted her eyebrows right away when everyone saw her presence. They are looking at her, worrying like she is sick or something. That confused Samantha even more.

"Sam, there was an incident at your school." Eli informed her when Samantha reached the living room. "Your friends are here. They have some concerns about you. I also asked for Doctor Savre's help. She's from our church, a volunteer in missionary programs. She's here so she can talk to you. She can help you."

Samantha just roamed her eyes around. She got a little overwhelmed for having visitors. Bruno, Abbie, and Jasmine are there aside from her mother, Eli, and Doctor Savre.