Old friends

Shinsou was walking through the hallways when something caught his eye. It was a girl, standing with a group. Now, that wasn't anything unusual. The girls always seemed to be in groups. No, what caught his eye was the wings on her backs. Wings weren't abnormal, as he'd found out, but these were. These wings had a pattern he hadn't seen in a long time.

"Aimi?" Shinsou called, heading over to the group. The girl looked up and smiled when she saw him. "Shinsou!" She flew over, almost crushing him in a hug. "Ack! Gentle, Aimi. I'm not super durable." He chuckled, but hugged her back anyway.  Aizawa smiled as he watched, glad Shinsou had someone he knew. 

"What are you doing here? I though you weren't old enough to be a student?" She pulled back, wings fluttering excitedly. Aimi was four years older than Shinsou, with long, black hair, olive skin, and wings longer than Shinsou's body. "I got adopted. We were out buying clothes when some villain found us. We've been here for about two days, if I had to guess." She squealed, wrapping him in another bruising hug. "I'm so happy for you! Who is it? Is it one of the teachers? Do you have pro-heroes for parents?"

Shinsou chuckled again, nodding over to Aizawa and Hizashi. "They adopted me. I'll admit, I wasn't in a very good condition." "Don't tell me that same lady's still there!" "She's not. It's someone different, and meaner.  Remember how Izumi would beat us?" "Vividly." She shuddered. "Now, imagine that ten times worse." "'Sho, I'm so sorry." "It's okay. I'm out now. She didn't really hurt the other kids. Just me." 

"That's not okay! Is that why you're so thin?" "Part of it, yeah. I think they're going to take me to a doctor or something later, so we'll be able to correct that." "You better! It cannot be healthy for you to be this skinny." "It's probably not." "How are you on school work? Are you getting good grades?" Shinsou didn't answer, rubbing the back of his neck.

Aimi's wings fluttered. "'Sho, you've been going to school, right?" "Well..." Shinsou trailed off. "Why not, 'Sho?" "She...didn't let me. I never left my room. She kept it locked, claiming it was to keep the others safe." "That's bull! You'd never hurt the others, 'Sho. If kids with mutation quirks and other dangerous things can go around the others, why can't you?" "She didn't really like me. But it's okay now! I'm not there anymore."

"You shouldn't have had to go through that, 'Sho. That's cruel." "It's life." "Well, if you haven't been to school in a while, I'll just have to help you." She smiled, putting her hands on her hips. "You don't have to." "I want to. Let's meet here at about five, kay? I'll catch you up on everything you've missed." She said, pulling a pen and paper out of her bag. "What's that for?" "This is my phone number, so we can keep in contact. We can make sure to have study dates that work for both of us." She handed it to him, capping her pen.

"Thanks, Aimi." "It's nothing for my little mind-controller. How's your quirk, by the way?" "I, uh, I haven't used it since I was seven." "What?!" "I told you she didn't like me." "You didn't tell me that! We've got to figure out something so you can train your quirk." "We're figuring that out, Aimi." Aizawa said, suddenly behind Shinsou. Aimi nodded, looking down at her watch. "Oh! I have to go. Bye, Shinsou!" Bye, Aimi." Shinsou smiled, waving as she left. "Old friend?" "Yeah. We met at the orphanage. She was my first real friend." "She's right, though. We do have to figure out quirk training for you."

"I know, I'm just not sure if it's going to end well. My quirk is dangerous." "We deal with dangerous quirks for a living, Shinsou. We'll figure something out." Shinsou frowned, grabbing his arms. "What if we don't?" "We will. Come on, Recovery Girl is waiting." "Who?" "She's our doctor, she'll be able to tell us how to help you." Shinsou nodded, following Aizawa again. It was nice to see Aimi after all these years.