Happy birthday

Needless to say, Shinsou had found himself a home at UA. Whether it was Shota being an overprotective dad (for good reason), or Mic being loud and loving, or any of Class 1-A promising to help him with work, nobody hesitated to remind him. He had fun with the class, being allowed to watch training exercises and being taught how to fight. Training his quirk was a little more difficult, but he was getting used to it. He'd learned very quickly that someone was always there to catch him when he passed out. He always woke up to a warm bed and caring parents, so it was worth it.

Shinsou's birthday was coming up, and the heroes were planning something special. After everything the boy had been through, they wanted to make him feel special, even if it was just for one day. He deserved it. They were planning everything in secret, so he didn't find out. They brought in decorations, got gifts, set a date, and figured out what food they wanted to bring in. Shinsou had no allergies, which meant they had free range to get anything, as long as they believed Shinsou would enjoy it. Shinsou's fourteenth birthday was no small occasion.

"Rise and shine!" Mic called as he walked into Shinsou's room, pulling the curtains open. Shinsou winced, pulling the blanket over his head and groaning. "Too early." "So you don't want to turn fourteen, then?" Shinsou's eyes widened. Holy hell, it was his birthday. They'd actually remembered his birthday? Aimi and his mother had been the only other people to remember it before now.  Mic pulled the covers down, picking Shinsou up and carrying him to the kitchen. "I could've walked." Shinsou blushed. "I know. But I wanted to do that." Mic grinned, setting the boy down by the table. There was a stack of pancakes in front of him, the number fourteen drawn on with whipped cream. "Happy birthday, Shinsou." Aizawa grinned, leaning down to kiss Shinsou's forehead.

Class 1-A and Aimi had been the second to find Shinsou and wish him a happy birthday. Well, they were technically 2-A now. They'd finished school a little over two weeks ago, passing their first year. Shinsou had nearly been crushed by the large group, but he couldn't find it in him to care. People actually remembered his birthday. They'd all managed to take time out of their schedules to come see him and wish him a happy birthday. Shinsou had received a sketchbook from Ryuu, and a pair of sunglasses from Aimi. Class 2-A gave him a box of coffee, which sent the boy into giggles. He still had about three from the time he stole all of 1-'s. The class had been shocked to learn that Shinsou was the thief, and had chased him down for about ten minutes until Samawara finally pinned him down, and Shinsou fell prey to their tickles.

Next was the party the pro's had planned. It was in the center of the park downtown, and was cat-themed (Hizashi had come up with that one. He also said it was a catastic party. Aizawa almost took his head off for that). There was a cake decorated like a cat, little cat balloons, and about a dozen gifts in cat wrapping paper or cat gift bags. Shinsou had frozen when he first saw how many gifts he had. His mom had only ever been able to afford one or two gifts for him, and there was no way in hell the orphanages were ever going to give him anything. It had taken five minutes for Shota to convince Shinsou that yes, all those gifts were for him.  It seemed unreal to Shinsou. They had done all this...for him? It had been years since he even thought about having a party for his birthday. He'd wanted one when he was younger, but as time passed, he'd lost hope of ever having one.

The last part of the party was opening the gifts. Shinsou had ended up with a lot of snack and drinks, as well as a few candy bars. He'd gotten a picture frame of Shota, Hizashi, and him training together, a phone that was a little more recent than what he had, and a box of colored pencils. It was the last gift that was the most special to him. It was a little cat doll that looked like Pawlson. Shinsou had held it to his chest for a solid two minutes before he could finally whisper a thank you to the heroes. Nobody had ever done so much for his birthday before. Shinsou learned very quickly afterwards that the heroes would now make every celebration much larger than it needed to be. Hey, what could he say? He had one hell of a family.