Meeting new people

Shinsou woke up to soft chattering and crumpling paper. He could tell they were trying to be quiet, but they weren't doing a very good job. Probably his dads. They still had hero work, even if they had him.

"How the hell does someone get 46 for eight?" Aizawa grumbled. "They get the wrong method. At least it's not as bad as 75." "You're kidding." "Wish I was." "Did we teach it wrong?" "No, these five have it right. We've got the right method, they just keep doing something wrong."

Shinsou rolled over, pulling the blanket over his head. They were probably talking about math. Shinsou honestly couldn't remember the last time he'd had a proper math problem. He barely remembered how to do them, if he remembered at all. He'd have to brush up on that again.

"I wonder if Shinsou knows how to do these." "He's sleeping, Hizashi. I'm not gonna wake him up over some curious whim." "It's now just a curious whim! From what we know, Shinsou's been stuck in that room for years without leaving. His education was stopped. We don't know how much he remembers, if he remembers anything at all. We could figure out how far into math he remembers if he could solve this."

Aizawa sighed. "I'm wondering that too, but that's something that only time will tell. Right now, he's adjusting. I'm not going to throw anything else at him." "You're worried about Taurus, aren't you?" "He knows about Shinsou, 'Zashi. He's going to use that against us." "We can keep Shinsou away from him." "He knew where we were. We can't hide forever." "We don't have to hide. We just have to make sure he doesn't get Shinsou."

Shinsou finally sat up, alerting the other two that he was awake. "Hey, Shinsou! How are you feeling?" Mic smiled, looking over at the boy. Shinsou looked startled for a second before answering. "I'm fine." 

The air was a little awkward. Shinsou didn't know what kind of answer they were looking for, and they knew that. They knew these first few days would be awkward. To them, it was fine. Social skills didn't quite matter yet. What mattered was getting Shinsou more comfortable at home, then working on social skills.

"Hungry? We've got lunch!" "Not really." Shinsou was not hungry, at all. Was he going to worry them? No, that might make them leave him. He liked being with Aizawa and Hizashi. "Well, we need to get your weight up. It'll help you feel better in the future." Aizawa grabbed Shinsou's hand, helping him stand up.

Shinsou wobbled over to the table. He just wanted to go back to sleep and never wake up. All the excitement from earlier had drained him, and he wondered if there were chargers for humans. Maybe he could get one. Of course, that would require money, but he'd figure something out.

Someone knocked on the door as Shinsou sat down. "I'll get it!" Mic smiled before standing. Shinsou slumped down, trying to avoid being seen. If they wanted the spotlight, fine, but he didn't like it. It made him feel uncomfortable.

"Hey, Enji! Wasn't expecting to see you here." Mic grinned at the giant man."I'm here to drop off some files from Nezu. He told me you were here." "Thanks." "I see you have a visitor." "That's Shinsou." "The one Midnight was talking about?" "Word's already gotten out, huh?" "Like fire. It's not every day someone new comes. So, that's him?"

Chills went down Shinsou's back. He'd been spotted. "Yeah. He's a little shy, though, so I don't think you'll be hearing much from him." "He's not much different from Touya." "Yeah. How's the fam?" "They're adjusting. Shoto does not like to sleep soundly." "I think I traumatized my family when I was a kid." "I can imagine. I'll leave you alone now." "See ya, Enji!" Mic closed the door, grinning to himself. 

"Who was that?" Shinsou asked. "That was Endeavor, another Pro hero. He was dropping off the files I requested." "When did you request those? I never heard it." Hizashi asked. "When we were riding up here. I shot him a text." "Which files did you want?" "The Taurus case."