Meeting the teachers

Shinsou trailed behind Aizawa as they entered UA, surprised at the school. Everything was so big, and there were so many people. They all seemed to be wearing the same outfit, although they looked a little different. Shinsou felt out of place, dressed in an oversized hoodie and sweatpants.

Shinsou still had no idea what was going on. Despite promising to tell him in the car, Aizawa hadn't told him anything. Of course, a black car had been following them for a bit, so it was probably that. He knew they were trying to hide something from the public, but he was getting tired of not getting the info he wanted.

"Eraser! Mic! I wasn't expecting you two to come back so soon." Midnight called to them, waving. "An emergency came up. Where's Nezu?" "In his office. So, this is Shinsou?" She bent down, resting her hands on her knees. Shinsou hid behind Aizawa, peeking around his arm. How did she know his name?

"Yes, but he's shy. He needs time to warm up to people." Shinsou didn't like the looks he was getting from people. Yeah, they were just curious, but it made him feel like he was back in that shop, or back on that street with that hand on his neck. It made him feel like he was being cornered, like a wild animal in a cage.

"Well, if you ever need advice about girls, you know where to go." She winked and walked away. What did that mean? Was there supposed to be girls he knew? He was confused. "She's going to turn him into a playboy." Hizashi smiled at Aizawa. "Let's not go there. Let's just find Nezu and explain this situation."

Shinsou walked through white hallways with big windows, nervously rubbing his hands together. He didn't know anyone besides his dads, and he guessed that lady from earlier. Had she said anything about her name? Shinsou couldn't remember anything. Maybe she hadn't said anything.

Aizawa knocked on a door, waiting for a response. Shinsou was standing behind him, playing with his sleeves. Aizawa could tell he had a lot of nervous energy stored up, despite being so weak. His condition already seemed infinitely better, even though he'd only been home for two days. Maybe he could get Shinsou to see Recovery Girl. That sounded better than anything.

"Come in." A voice called. Aizawa opened the door, letting his family follow. Shinsou kept his eyes down, hiding behind Aizawa again. He didn't like drawing attention. Drawing attention usually meant being hurt, or starved. It was best not to be seen. "Ah, Shota, Hizashi! I wasn't expecting to see you two yet." A calm voice said. "We ran into some trouble, figured you should know about it." "Did something happen?" "Taurus found us."

The room went silent. "When?" "About an hour ago. He tried to go after Shinsou." "So he's playing dirty now. Where is the boy?" "He's right here." Aizawa gently pushed Shinsou forward, until they were standing side by side. Shinsou almost didn't believe his eyes. It was...a big mouse? "I can see the marks. He attempted to track him?" "I think so. I managed to get his hand off before he could put a good tracker on him, but it's still there."

"If he managed to find you in the streets of Japan, he can find you almost everywhere. It would be wise for you to stay here, until we can find and detain him." Shinsou felt a shiver run down his back. Was a zodiac sign really that dangerous? Sure, he was a Cancer, but he wasn't going to make somebody sick. At least, he hoped not. He had never tried to make anyone sick.

"What about Shinsou?" "He can stay with you. As long as he is with a Pro, he is safe. We can discuss the small details later. For now, I think it would be best for you to get settled in. I'll send someone to get Pawlson soon."

Shinsou zoned out after that. He knew he wasn't the center of attention, and he liked that. He didn't want to be the thing everyone focused on. It made him feel uneasy. He was more than happy to let Aizawa and Hizashi do the talking.

"Thanks for your help." "Don't thank me. It's simple courtesy. I like to think that UA takes care of our teachers." "It does. I'll let you know if we come across anything else." "I'll be glad to hear it."

Aizawa wouldn't admit it, but Taurus was the one villain that put a spark of fear in him. He had a blood quirk called Zodiac, which allowed him to take on certain traits of the different signs when he drank the blood. Depending on the sign, he could be relatively easy, or a nightmare. He still had no idea when Shinsou's birthday was, which meant if Taurus got his hands on the boy, there could be potential trouble for the heroes.

Shinsou followed his dads to their room, holding onto Aizawa's shirt. All the adrenaline from earlier was wearing off, and he was tired. Each step felt like it took all of his energy. Maybe he could find a bed and go to sleep.

"Y'know, this might be a good time to introduce Shinsou to people close to his age." Mic whispered to Aizawa. "He was just nearly kidnapped. He needs time with people he already knows, meaning us." "He needs to know more people." "We can take care of that later. For now, I think we need to find him somewhere to sit."

Mic glanced back at Shinsou, finding the boy extremely pale. His eyes just screamed exhaustion. "I think a bed would be more appropriate." "I see you're finally using your brain." "Shota!" Mic pouted.

Aizawa ushered Shinsou into Mic's room, closing the door behind them. Shinsou's eyes locked on the bed, and he made the decision that he needed to crash. He walked over slowly, flopping onto the covers. The bed was really soft, and big. It didn't take long before his eyes closed, and he fell asleep.

"And there he goes." Mic chuckled, wrapping his arms around Aizawa. "Yes, now hush before you wake him." "Well, I'm going to get us some dinner soon. Think he'll be hungry?" "Maybe. Try not to get anything too filling." "Yes, sir!"