20. rory & corpse

paranoia.
CHAPTER TWENTY
˖⋆࿐

                    Rory had been nervous about moving in with Corpse and was starting to second guess herself. She wondered if she was making a mistake by moving in with him. She really liked him and she was scared this was going to mess everything up. That's how all of her past relationships had gone, but this wasn't like any of those. They weren't even in a relationship. Rory had called Caroline four times already that morning and each time Caroline had to reassure her that everything would be fine. She knew she was overthinking but that's just what Rory did in situations that made her nervous.

After packing everything into her car, Rory began the drive to Corpse's apartment building. It was only an hour in LA traffic from where Rory lived and she couldn't believe how close they were. All this time they were only an hour apart and neither of them knew until Corpse gave her the address of where she was about to move to. Rory was quite glad he lived so close as it meant she wouldn't be too far from Caroline or any of her other friends that lived nearby.

During the car ride, Rory decided to put on some music as she sat in traffic. She had a bunch of mp3 versions of her unreleased music on her phone that she'd often listen to when she was alone. A lot of the songs would never be heard by anyone other than herself, but some of them would be lucky enough to be released into the world. That was the hardest part for Rory because she could never decide which songs to pick and even the tight deadlines that her manager would give her didn't make it any easier.

Rory tapped her fingers against the steering wheel as one of her songs entitled Knife Under My Pillow ended. The next song began playing and Rory immediately started smiling. It was one of her most recent songs she was still in the process of writing. There were verses and lyrics missing, but Rory would try and listen to it regularly to see if she would be inspired. Her music typically was centred around her feelings and things going on in her life. They tended to be a lot darker than most songs that could be heard on the radio, but this particular song was different. It was... happy.

Rory hummed along to the unfinished chorus as she thought about the person who inspired it. The same person she was minutes away from meeting.

Smiling feels different with you
Crying feels better with you

Rory slowed down the car as she pulled into the parking lot of her new home. The song ended just as she stopped her car and looked up at the tall building. Rory had been able to calm herself down by listening to music but now that it was silent, she was starting to feel nervous again.

The walk up the stairs to the apartment seemed to take forever and Rory was out of breath by the time she reached the right floor. She had left all of her stuff in her car as she'd have time to get that later and she was more focused on finally meeting the guy she had been talking with for months.

     Rory finally reached the right apartment and knocked on the door. She waited for a moment before she heard movement coming from inside. She could feel her heart racing and she wasn't entirely sure why. It felt like an eternity before she heard the sound of the door unlock. It slowly opened and the biggest smile grew on Rory's face as she saw the guy smiling back at her.

     "Corpsey!" Rory squealed as she stepped forward and immediately pulled him into the tightest hug she'd ever given. She felt his chest vibrate as he laughed, hugging her back as tight as he could without hurting her.

"Rory!" he giggled as he held her close, neither of them wanting to let go.

˖⋆࿐

corpse_husband just posted a photo !

♥︎ liked by aurora, pokimanelol, valkyrae and 1,424,927 others

corpse_husband ━ rory & corpse meet-up *leaked*

*COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED*

˖⋆࿐

AUTHORS NOTE
don't forget to vote & comment !
this chapter SUCKS i'm sorry
& i'm sorry for not updating for so long.
writers block sucks.