13. charles white

paranoia.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
˖⋆࿐

Rory still wasn't feeling up to streaming again quite yet, but she was happy to play some games with her friends and record them to make a video later on. Seán had messaged her that morning asking if she wanted to play Phasmophobia with him, Felix and Corpse. Rory was more than up for it and immediately replied to say she was happy to play.

     Rory had set everything up so that she was recording and had the game ready to go. After a few minutes, everyone else was ready and Rory joined the call. She hadn't had a chance to really play the game yet, but she was really looking forward to it. Especially as she'd get to spend more time with Corpse. She was really enjoying his company more than she ever expected to. She had made a lot of friends from playing online with them and she loved all of them, but she wasn't as close with them as she was with Corpse. Rory found herself talking to him basically every day even if they weren't planning on playing together.

     Rory could spend all day thinking about Corpse, but she was snapped from her thoughts as she heard a familiar deep voice say her name.

     "Hello, Rory," Corpse said, noticing she had joined the call but hadn't said anything yet.

     Rory smiled. "Hi, Corpse," She replied. They could practically hear the smile in her voice.

     "We're here too, Rory," Seán said, chuckling as he pretended to sound annoyed, but it didn't work. Rory and Corpse both let out a laugh.

     "Yeah, Jesus, Rory," Felix added. Rory continued to laugh, rolling her eyes at how dramatic the boys were being.

     "Hi, Seán. Hi, Felix," Rory then said, fulfilling the boy's wishes.

     "That's better. Hello, Rory," Seán replied feeling satisfied with himself. They all waited for Felix to say something, but he didn't.

     "Felix! Say it back you coward," Rory demanded. She was trying to be serious, but she couldn't stop the giggle that left her lips.

     "No, you hurt my feelings. Clearly you like Corpse more than us," Felix whined. "But it's fine."

     "Oh, my God. Can we just play the game?" Rory asked, trying to change the subject which made the others laugh.

     "Yes! Let's go catch some ghosts," Seán announced as the game loaded up.

     Rory wasn't too familiar with the game so it took her a few minutes to figure out the different controls that she needed to know. The boys explained the objective of the game to her as they had already played it a few times. Rory was quite good at learning how to play games and could catch on quite quickly.

The game started and they began to move the characters towards the house. Rory had picked something up in the van, but she no clue what it was or what it was for. Normally, Rory liked scary things, but even this was freaking her out a bit. Mainly because of the proximity chat they were using.

"What the fuck am I holding?" Rory asked, looking around the house at the other characters on the screen.

"Uh, that's salt," Seán answered her making Rory furrow her brows.