Chapter 11 • The Horseman of the Apocalypse

❤︎

WARNING: Blood, bullet wound despcription

❤︎

To avoid any security from the library, the four of them had to take a different route in the alleyway behind the building. Luther was carrying Five while (Y/n) begrudgedly held Delores in her arms as they followed Diego down the alley.

The sounds of construction, cars driving by and the sputtering of several buses going down the street was heard, people walked passed them in confusion at the large man carrying the boy but didn't bother saying anything. It was a very strange sight to see in the early night of the city.

"Well, we can't go back to the house. It's not secure. Those psychopaths could come back at any moment." Luther stated.

"I say we let them. Would give me a chance to finally finished what we started earlier." (Y/n) grumbled.

"'Aight, calm down, girly. My place is closer. No one will look for him there." Diego said, leading the rest ahead of them.

Five suddenly belched in Luther's arms, showing that he was finally awake. The blond man glared at him.

"If you vomit on me..."

"You know what's funny?" Five chuckled. "Aah! I'm going through puberty. Huh. Twice."

The girl scoffed. "Yeah, welcome to the club."

"And I... I drank that whole bottle, didn't I? That's whatcha do when the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof, it's gone." He slurred.

"What are you guys talkin' about?"

"Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night." Luther replied.

"Looking for you." Diego pointed out. "So I need you to focus. What do they want?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha." Five said, his words trailing off.

"Who?"

"You know I hate code names." Luther told him.

"It's there actual names, Luther. I remember now, that was their names." (Y/n) remembered.

"And you didn't tell us this earlier, why?"

"Hey, I can control the elements. Not what I remember. I'm not Sherlock." She would have raised her hands in defense if it wasn't for the mannequin in her arms.

"Ah, the best of the best. Except for me, of course." Five declared.

"The best of what?" Questioned Luther.

"You know, Delores always said she hated when I drink. She said it made me surly--" The teen was saying until he was cut off by Diego.

"Hey! I need you to focus. What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want?" He demanded.

The man was answered with a wide, thin smile from Five.

"We just wanna protect you." Diego softly added.

"Protect me. I don't need your protection, Diego. Do you have any idea how many people I've killed? No." Five began.

Luther, Diego and (Y/n) exchanged glances between each other as Five ranted. The two men had no idea what Five was capable of, they had never seen his fighting and killing in action. They never knew of the things he had to do to get back home.

Only (Y/n) had seen him kill since he got back, and did it bother her? No, she too did things she regretted. So she had no reason to judge him for it, especially since the guys Five killed attacked them first.