Chapter Two: Surprise Visitors

Hermione

After we'd finished talking, I went to my bed to read. I'd only read the first page when Harry yelled. Harry was keeping watch so he saw it first. He yelled for me and I came running. At first I didn't see what he was pointing at. But then I saw it. A small, bright, silver blur coming towards us.
"Harry..." I said nervously, "What is that...?"

"I don't know..." He said. We were to entranced by the light to move. As it got closer, we realized what it was.

"It's a patronus! And it's a dog." I told Harry.
"Hey! A Jack Russell Terrier. That's Ron's patronus!" He exclaimed.

"Oh yeah..." I said. Why would Ron be sending us a patronus? Were there dementors? Or was he sending us a message? Are there Death Eaters? Werewolves or hags? Frightening thoughts of why Ron's patronus was coming to us filled my head as we waited.

When the patronus finally got to us, it said in Ron's voice, "Harry, I found some fluxweed, nothing else. Well I also found Dean Thomas. I'm pretty sure he's been stunned. I'm bringing him back." Me and Harry looked at each other. Dean Thomas?! And stunned?! If he was stunned, then that meant there was someone else here. We knew we needed to get out of there quick, whoever stunned him could still be here. We started packing up so we'd be ready for Ron when he gets here. But it was hard for me to concentrate: even Ron's patronus wouldn't look at me.

Harry

Dean Thomas?! Why is he here? And stunned?! Who else is here?! Hermione and me knew we needed to get out of there, fast. The stunner is obviously a wizard/witch, so it'll be easy for them to find us! We pack up our stuff, including Ron's stuff and wait for Ron and Dean to get to the tent. Then we can get out of here. Me and Hermione are standing there underneath the protections, the tent and all our stuff packed up, Hermione ready to take off the protection enchantments when we see two big dark blurs coming at us. "They're coming!" I say. Hermione nods, already working on taking the enchantments off.

Hermione

Harry tells me they're coming, but I've already seen them. I've got more than half the protection enchantments off when Harry yells, "Stop 'Mione!"
I stop, spinning around to look at him. He's walked forward, now unprotected by the enchantments. I look at what had been dark blurs, closer now. I stare at them for a moment before I realize: "Harry! Come back, they're werewolves!" But he just nods. He already knows. They're coming right at him! "Come back in the enchantments Harry!" I scream at him. He shake his head no. My heart sinks. He's only now pulling out his wand. I pull out my wand too. Just as I'm about to cross the enchantment line, I see that the werewolves are only a couple yards away. I'm frozen, horrified.

Harry

I hope this works. I hope this... "Voldemort!" I yell. Snatchers appear right in front of me, just as I leap to the side. The Snatchers, unprepared for the attack, get ambushed by the werewolves. The werewolves either didn't notice the sudden appearance of the Snatchers, or they just don't care. Probably the latter. After a moment, I send a couple stunners at the werewolves. These distract them so that I can use the Incarcerous spell on them, ropes tying the two werewolves together. Then I cast a few more spells, this time on the Snatchers:

"Expelliarmus!" Four wands fly to me and I catch them in my left hand.

"Incarcerous!" Ropes bind the three Snatchers together.

"Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy!" The three Snatchers slump down against each other.
I sigh in relief. It worked. Thank goodness it wor- oh no! While I was disarming the Snatchers, I didn't realize that the werewolves were scratching at the ropes keeping them from attacking me. They growled at me, the bigger one getting ready to pounce. Shoot.

Narrator

Meanwhile, Hermione was watching frozen with fear. Not only because of the werewolves - who were getting ready to pounce in her direction - but also because Hermione didn't have her wand. Why? Because when Harry cast the Expelliarmus spell, Hermione's wand, along with the three wands from the Snatchers, flew to Harry. Harry hadn't noticed the extra wand. So now Harry had her wand, and it didn't seem like he was about to notice and give it back to her, and Hermione was about to be attacked by werewolves!