Chapter 13: Talk

I brought Bruce over to my couch, and we both sat down. The atmosphere suddenly became very awkward, and I was lost on what to say to him.

"So..." I said, twiddling my thumbs, and biting my bottom lip. There was more silence before Bruce said,

"I'm sorry." His eyes still filled up with tears. I looked up at him. "I panicked, and I pushed you away and ignored you. We should have talked about what we did at the start, like you said, but I was too dumb to listen." His voice began cracking.

My eyes widened, and I wanted to say something, but he put his finger to my lips. "You didn't deserve to be ignored and yelled at by me, and what you said at the hotel was right." He wiped the tears from his eyes. I shook my head.

"What?! No! It wasn't right of me to yell at you in front of all of those people." I insisted. "I was just angry, and disappointed... but I don't hate you, I wish I never said that cause I never meant it and I will never mean it."

"Well that's good to know.. But wait. Dissapointed about what?" He asked. I sighed.

"Y'know, you don't like me back. But hey, I get it!" I said, looking up at him. "All I want is to just be your friend! Damn I wish I didn't announce my love for you in the middle of the lobby." I laughed a little, running a hand through my hair. Here comes the confirmation that he'd never date me...

"I- oh Eric..." He smiled, his eyes still a bit teary. I cocked an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Of course I'm your friend, but I think we've had a big misunderstanding." What?

"What do you mean?" I asked. He moved closer to me, shaking his head.

"The reason why I didn't want to talk about what happened was because... I was afraid of you rejecting me." He said, staring into my eyes. Huh?

"What do you mean by-"

"Eric, I want you to take a good look at the things I just got you." Bruce swiftly grabbed the roses, and waved them a little in my face. Then he grabbed the teddy bear and the heart shaped box. "Why else would I get you this stuff?"

"Cause you're sorry and I'm your best friend." I cocked an eyebrow, confused at what he was attempting to tell me. He rolled his eyes.

"Okay that too, but look. Why would I buy my friend pretty red roses and a teddy bear holding a heart shaped box of candy?" He asked. I quietly shrugged.

"Cause they look nice-"

"I love you, Eric." He said, gently cupping the side of my face. My eyes widened. Wait. He- loves me?

"Y-you do?" I stuttered. He nodded, before moving even closer to me.

"I've been in love with you for months." He chuckled. "That's why I freaked out when we woke up together. I didn't think you liked me back, and I didn't want to hear you tell me that you didn't love me, so I just didn't listen to you. It was childish of me, and I'm sorry."

"I... I didn't think you liked me like that either..." I said. He nodded, before moving closer to my face, his lips about an inch or two from mine. I felt my face turn a bright shade of pink. Is he gonna-

"Could I kiss you?" Bruce whispered. I nodded softly.

"Please do-" He moved his lips on mine, and finally kissed me. I stayed frozen, finally realizing that he was in love with me too, and that he was kissing me as of the moment. Oh wow... His lips felt warm and smooth pressed against mine, and it felt like paradise-

"Are you gonna kiss me back, Pipsqueak? Or am I just gonna do all the work?" He laughed, pulling his lips away from mine for a second. My eyes widened.

"Oh yeah... uh-" He kissed me again, his hand still on my cheek and his eyes closed. My eyes were still widened, but I slowly put my hands on his chest, before kissing him back. Then I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment. My first kiss with Bruce... I'd been dreaming of this for ages...

After a minute, I pulled away to catch my breath. "Wow..."

"Well that was a good kiss." Bruce chuckled, wrapping an arm around me. I nodded.

"Yeah, it sure was." I blushed, smiling. "So... should we actually talk about what happened?"

"Yeah, we probably should." He nodded. "So... we got a bottle of vodka. And I think we drank it all, which was probably a bad idea."

"Yeah, I remember that too. Then I remember us going back to my hotel room." I said. He nodded.

"I think I remember that too. And then... I can't remember anything else." He shrugged.

"We uhm..." I looked away. Bruce chuckled.

"Uhm what?"

"Well I remember sitting on your lap and us making out and then you ripped my favorite shirt down the middle." I recalled, as those foggy moments drifted through my brain. Bruce's eyes widened, as his face turned pink.

"Oh..oh.. Uh, sorry about that, Er." He smiled sheepishly. I chuckled.

"It's okay... But I want another shirt." I crossed my arms playfully. He thought for a minute, before smirking.

"How would you like a hoodie instead?" He pulled his blue hoodie off himself, before carefully putting it on me. I put my arms through the arm holes; The sleeves were so long, since Bruce was so tall. But it was soft, and very comfortable.

"This feels pretty comfy." I mumbled, before laying against his side. Bruce chuckled.

"And you look absolutely adorable in it." He kissed my forehead.

"Aww shucks." I murmured, cuddling closer to him. "Anyway, then we woke up naked, and you ran away. So... I'm guessing we... y'know.."

"Had sex?" Bruce finished my sentence. I quietly nodded, blushing.

"Well why else would we be naked?"

"Yeah... but hey, we talked about it, and we like each other, so it's all okay." Bruce smiled. I nodded.

"Yeah... I just wish our first time wasn't like that though." I frowned. Bruce's smile vanished.

"Oh Eric... I know that drunk, sloppy sex isn't the ideal... y'know, first time for us to have. But it doesn't have to count." He said, pulling the hood of my new hoodie off my head and playing with my hair. I sighed.

"Yeah, you're right. But I just thought our first time would be... A special moment. Not something that would cause us to argue." I mumbled. He gently grabbed my hand.

"Hey, I totally get what you're saying, and I'm sorry for being a bitch, which don't say 'oh no you weren't!' Cause I totally was for avoiding this conversation." He said, wrapping his other arm around me. "I didn't think our first time would be that way either. Heck, I didn't think we would ever have a first time, since I thought you were into women." He chuckled, which automatically cheered me up. I smiled.

"Yeah.. That's a good point." I nodded. "But hey, I'm happy that we know we like each other."

"Mhm, I'm happy about that too." He kissed my forehead. "So... does this mean we can.. y'know, be boyfriends?-"

"I was hoping for that." I chuckled. "And hey, do you maybe wanna stay over? I mean it's dark and all and I kinda wanna cuddle and-"

"Shhh..." Bruce hushed me, before pulling me by the strings of my new hoodie and kissing me again. I gently gasped, before smiling and kissing him back. I felt him pick me up, and after a few seconds, I was practically tossed on my bed. He crawled on the bed to the side of me, snaking his arms around me and pulling me close.

"I love you, Bruce." I smiled at him. He smiled back at me.

"I love you too, Eric. Goodnight."

"...Goodnight."

The End