Non-bender Style

"Hey guys!" Sukara chirped as she approached the group of people in uniform, "my friends and I were on a hike and we got a little lost."

"Yeah," Kai said, catching on to where this was going, "we were looking for Guan's hideout. You guys don't happen to know where that is do you?"

The group of Guan's soldiers froze, confused and apprehensive. They knew that all their bending was inhibited but, they didn't want to be caught in a fight they couldn't win either.

"Looks like we're gonna kick some ass," Bolin said, a smirk on his face as he put his fist into his other hand, "non-bender style."

They were about to launch forward to start the fight when suddenly they hesitated as someone new emerged.

"Wait!" a man said, coming out from behind a rock, "we don't have to do this. Let's make a deal."

He was wearing a different uniform. They assumed he was a higher rank than the rest of them, a general or a commander.

"Let's have a one on one," he suggested, slowly taking steps to the front of Guan's soldiers, "that way the least amount of people get hurt. I'll fight your avatar. Our strongest against yours."

Sukara frown. Perhaps he doesn't realise we know about the inhibitor, she thought.

"If you want our strongest, right now that'd be Asami," Sukara told him, nodding over to her, "but if you want to fight me I'll accept."

"Trying to hand off responsibility," he chuckled, "I'm almost disappointed."

"I'm just trying to give you what you asked for," Sukara smiled, stepping forward, "but I get it, I'd be scared to fight her too."

The black clouds that had been threatening them all morning let their first few drop of rain loose, starting off soft but increasing their intensity as it went on. Sukara didn't seem bothered, she had faught in the rain before.

"Let's set out the rules, shall we?" the man said, he got the smug nod of agreement from Sukara and continued, "no one interferes. Not on my side or yours, this is our fight. This is not to the death, we must go until surrender or until the other is incapacitated."

"You really think I'd kill you?" Sukara smirked as they both stepped up to each other as the rain began to pour heavily.

"I know you have a taste for blood," he said, lifting his hand, "I thought I better make myself clear."

Sukara just laughed. She found him amusing in a way. His arrogance was glaring out of him like a spotlight.

"If you win, you can search this mountain to your hearts content," he said, as he got into a fighting stance, "but if I win, you have to leave. No questions, no protest, just go. Agreed?"

"Agreed."

The man furrowed his brow before striking out at her, Sukara dipped back and almost jogged as she dodge him. Quickly, as he was stumbling for a second, she dropped down to her knee and swung her leg around and hit him hard in the ankles causing him to fall onto his back.

"As a master of the four elements," Sukara explained to him as she allowed him to get back to his feet, "I also happen to be trained in a number of martial arts, all I need to modify is contact. I'm not defenseless without my bending."

The man held a glare on his face, feeling a little cheated that his plan hadn't gone as well as he'd hoped.

He swung his leg, first at the soden ground then up towards her face but he was way to far away to hit her so Sukara didn't move. This was a mistake he was hoping for. He had kicked the mud from the floor up into her eyes. She shut them quickly and lifted her hand to wipe it away but the man was faster. He launched forward and slammed her back up against a rock causing her to shout out in pain. He went to punch her in the face but she managed to move her head enough for him to miss and punch the rock instead.

Sukara then swiped out with her foot and pushed hard on his shoulders to knock him over again but he managed to grab onto her jacket and pull her down with him. He threw her over his shoulder on to her back.

As she turned to get up he leaped at her head, holding it down into the mud.

"Hey!" Kai yelled going to go forward.

"No interfering," he reminded them, struggling to keep her head face down.

"Not to the death," Asami snapped at him, "you're drowning her."

"She can surrender," he told her.

Distracted by their conversation, he hadn't noticed Sukara moving her arm past were he had tried to pin it. She reached up and made a sharp and hard jab with her palm against his jaw, snapping his head away from her. He screamed out in pain as he fell back, letting go of the back of Sukara's head so she could lift it out of the mud, coughing and spluttering.

Now in a rage, Sukara decided that if he could break the rules so could she. She sat up quickly and took a firm hold on his head. With a sharp twist, she pulled it the rest of the way, snapping his neck and dropping him lifeless to the ground.

She was still choking on the mud in her lungs when his cronies tried to protest.

"You agreed!" one of them shouted, taking steps forward.

But Kai wasn't about to let Sukara get attacked again. Forgetting about the inhibitor, he pushed forward in an attempt to stop them. To all of their delight, it worked. A gust of air pushed them all back. The inhibitor was offline.

"Looks like you're fresh out of luck," Sukara smirked, as she got back to her feet, "Where's Guan?"