Not Over

Wrapped in the blankets, Kuvira had relaxed after falling asleep, letting Sukara roll onto her back. She had an arm rested over her girlfriend's stomach as Sukara's eyebrows twitched as she dreamt.

The images of Vaatu and the fight with Korra flashing over her dreams. She wanted so desperately for her dream of Kuvira under the trees to stay put but it kept flickering. She could see Raava, in all her glory, hovering over her. The long strands coming from her form rearing back, ready to attack. She couldn't let it happen. She couldn't. She had to fight back. With whatever she could muster, she pushed out to try and get  the spirit of light and peace away from her.

Sitting up with all the force of the blast from her dream, Sukara threw the blankets out with the wall. She didn't even know what she had bent but, she could now see out into the street of the Southern Water Tribe.

"It was meant to stop," Sukara spoke quietly as a very confused and not very awake Kuvira sat herself up, "it was over."

Kuvira just put her arms around Sukara. She hadn't realised how tired she had been. She hadn't slept properly in three days, all she wanted was to go back to sleep and deal with whatever had happened in the morning.

"It was meant to stop!" Sukara yelled, kicking out again, sending more debris from the broken wall into the street.

"It's okay," Kuvira mumbled into her shoulder.

Several people had come running out to see what had happened. Luckily, Kya managed to push her way to the front to have a look. She saw the dark Avatar sitting in her bed, wrapped in her girlfriend's arms as her tears began to fall. With a look of sympathy, Kya bent the ice of the wall to seal up the hole.

"We'll work it out," Kuvira said softly, placing a gentle kiss onto the bandage wrap on her shoulder, "I promise. But, you need to sleep. And so do I."

Sukara nodded, her heart still racing as Kuvira pulled at her arm to try and make her lie down.

Sukara obliged but she didn't want to sleep. She didn't want to fall back into that dream.

Kuvira tried her best to help her sleep; stroking through her hair, holding her close, pulling a spare blanket over them to keep her warm, but Sukara was too far into her mind for it to work before Kuvira fell asleep herself.

Sukara wouldn't wake her by moving now. Kuvira was so tired. Sukara just nuzzled into Kuvira's chest, her thoughts running wild as she lay there.

Kuvira's scent was the only thing that was distracting her. It was everything she needed, the soft smell of panda lilies and rain. She had wondered when she first got close to Kuvira, how something so suttle could be so intoxicating.