Prologue 3: The last operation

Months later

================================

Nazi Germany 1944, Location: Rostock

"We have orders from the admiral of the Navy to perform this last operation" said by the Fleet admiral as he hands the details to Gisborough.

....

"What the hell is this?! " Gisborough, upon reading, complained for the first time. Surprising the officers and the fleet Admiral.

"You are to follow this command as it is ordered by the Fuhrer and the Admiral of the Navy, you will use the battleship: KMS Jaëger." said by the Fleet admiral.

" Nein! This is suicide and genocide! Civilians should be left out of this. And how do they expect us to perform this operation with only 1 fleet?! Do they not know how many resources we have spent and how many men are on that ship?! Despite it being the strongest ship we have, how do they expect us to take on the USS and HMS! Even if we have 2 other battleships, and 2 cruisers, and 2 destroyers to join us, this is suicidal! It is best if we use these ships for defense. Do they not know their capabilities this late in the war? They will definitely not let us go if we did that! I've lost 2000 men now due to their absurd orders... Verdammte Scheiße! " said Gisborough, his usual emotionless face now filled with anger.

"Silence Kommandant! You are still young, don't question your orders ... do you want me to court Marshall you? You are to sail with the 2nd battlegroup and bombard the Major cities of the United Kingdom and destroy as much Allied ships, Civilian and military alike on the way. This will buy time for the Kriegsmarine 1st fleet to move through the English Channel. I expect this mission to be done. Understood?" replied by the Fleet admiral

"We understand" said by a commander

"We shall leave no survivors, we will complete this mission" said by another commander

"Tsk" Gisborough said, his face now back to being emotionless but his eyes says otherwise. He then left the conference room.

'Verdammte! What is wrong with them?! They were already idiots to wage war against Russia and now they expect us to commit genocide on their waters while taking on the Allies alone?! This is already too far. ' said Gisborough in his thought.

~~~

North Sea, 1944. Time: 1400 hour. 100 miles off the coast of England

==========================

The 2nd battlegroup engages their first target of the Operation, which is an escort fleet comprising of 3 HMS cruisers 6 civilian transport ships. 

"Show no mercy, Feuer!" Said by one of the commanders of the second battlegroup . 

*BOOOM* The turrets of the battleship roar, firing on the ships who were caught off guard. Splitting 1 of the cruisers in half. And Causing major damage to another. The surviving cruiser which was left un-damaged then tried to escort the 6 civilian ships away."

"Cowards, finish them off. FIRE!" The other commander said, sinking the other damaged cruiser and causing fire to the fleeing cruiser while damaging some civilian ships.

"Shoot them! Leave none behind!" said by one of the commanders on the radio, demanding the destroyer escort to give chase and Gisborough to open fire.

"NEIN!" Said Gisborough, finally speaking up.

"Don't give chase, let them go. Do you not see that they are civilian ships? We've already damaged them enough. Stop firing" Gisborough added.

"What are you, a coward? I'm getting you court-martial if you don't fire at them once we get back, so fire already you coward! And Destroyer escort, give chase." The other commander added