Miscellaneous Notes

This is my covid book. Lots of us authors have them. Something about a world wide, collective traumatic event spurred creatives to, well, create. We need distraction in life and during covid I stopped questioning the quality and meaning of my writing and just went all in for the fun and escapism. I don't regret it a bit. 

Growing up on Vampire Diaries and then running a YA book review blog called Reading Bites for the librarian community, Monster Librarian, I never grew out of the "hundred year old vampire goes back to high school" concept. But I'm not really a YA writer. So I knew I had to do something a little different. 

Despite my covid experience being a lot different than others (my day job is in a medical field, so while the average person was in lockdown I saw my hours and responsibilities explode) and losing my way right around the end of this book, I finally finished it. I am leaving it here for free permanently, but I'm also going to edit it, maybe adjust a few things, and publish it at a later point.

I hope you enjoy, and I encourage you all to go forth and write and read, because it may not save the world, but it'll save your soul when the world is shitty.

My Writing soundtrack for this book:

Linsey Stirling- Shatter Me

Valerie Broussard- A Little Wicked

Massive Attack- Angel

She Wants Revenge- Tear You Apart

She Wants Revenge- These Things

Jace Everett- Bad Things

Set It Off- Duality

Lindsey Stirling- Dragon Age

Edwyn Collins- A Girl Like You

Marc Brossard- Home

Franz Ferdinand- This Fire

Smash Into Pieces- All Eyes on You

The Score- In My Blood

Brothers Osborne- Skeletons