Chapter Three: So What Do You Remember?

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER THREE: SO WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER?

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"So what do you remember?"

You were sitting on the couch while Elliott and Nico stood, one's crossing arms while the other one has his hands on his hips. You shrugged. "I remember waking up on an alleyway but that's it."

"Remember a blue portal thingy above you like?"

"Umm... nope."

"Do you have any idea how you got here?" Elliott asked, resting his elbow on his arm, tapping the tip of his pen on his chin.

"No idea at all." You frowned.

"Then what do you remember before you came here?"

You thought about it. "Just a normal day. Me and my family having dinner, watching the news, and sleeping. Then I woke up here."

Saying what you remember felt wrong. You were unsure but you had to sound sure for the guys. It sounded so wrong but that's what you remember. That's what your mind told you.

"Do you know your parents' name?"

Parents. You do have parents, right? You shut your eyes close as you focus on what your parents' names are. "U-Uhh... it's... Willard and Charlotte Russell."

Nico's eyes narrowed and his grip tightened around the pen he was holding. "Your mother's name... is Charlotte? And your father's... Willard?"

You shrugged. "I-I don't know! That's what I remember! I-I think? Look, let's just stop here."

"Hey, hey, hey." Elliott approached you when you stood up. "We're trying to help you, (Y/n). We can maybe find your parents or your family. Your home."

"Elliott," You sighed. "I don't even know if what I'm saying is true. The things that I remember don't sound true to me! I-It was as if someone or something replaced my real memories into fake ones."

"Is that like amnesia?" Nico asked.

"No, amnesia's different," Elliott answered, calming you down.

You leaned on Elliott's side, frowning. "I don't even know if I do have parents. Is my mom really named Charlotte? It could be anything! I-It could've been Grace or Allison or... I don't know!"

Seeing you stressed out, Nico stepped forward, placing both of his hands on your shoulders. "Hey, listen to me. We'll try to figure things out. You got me and Elliott."

You looked up at him. "And why were you surprised?"

"What?"

"When I told you about my parents' names. You were shocked."

Nico scratched the back of his neck, looking down and sighing. "(Y/n)... our parents have the same name."

Your jaw dropped and whined. "What the—? Why do we always have something similar? Are you a stalker or something?"

"I'm asking you the same thing, missy!

"Wha—! Me?! Why am I the stalker?"

"Cos you and my family have the same goddamn surname! Even your parents' names are similar to mine!"

"I don't even know if they are my parents!"

"What? So out of nowhere you just thought about those names?"