Chapter 24: The Definition of Fear

PLEASE bear with me. It is very hard to find time to write with a on the move infant. However, I have just had another surgery and am on bed rest so writing here I come. I am in the process of trying to also read the Bloodlines series which I have not had a chance to read all the way. Please do not spoil it! However, I am glad to reveal that this story is almost to an end. I hope to have this story done by either mid-February or March. There are about 4 or 5 more chapters left and then I will be revealing the sequels title and a sneak peak.

Chapter 24: The Definition of Fear

Carly POV

I had done a lot of stupid stuff in my life. There was that time I had burned off all my eyebrows accidently. But none compared to the mistakes I had done within the last year.  So much that I knew Mila would never forgive me.  Because I was the reason we were here.

We sat against the wall in wooden chairs each tied up. We were down in the basement which had been Ivan’s girlfriend’s little dungeon.

Mila sat against the wall opposite of me next to another girl she had made the travel with. The boy she had come along with was on the other side of the unknown girl. Ivan was against the wall from across from the door and his girlfriend was next to me.

It had all been fast. Master had grabbed me and dragged me back inside the house. I was pretty sure Melissa and Heidi had been there too since the rest of us had been brought in pretty fast. No one had seemed to make an escape attempt. Mila had stayed quiet which for my younger sister was a hard task. But I could see the fumes steaming off of her. She was livid at me and it was apparent in her stone cold rock hard stare she was sending my way. We were alone and the silence was killing me.

“Mila, what are you doing here?” I asked trying to keep my voice low.

She glared at me harder, “No, the question is where you have been for the last few months?”

Ivan interrupted me before I could answer, “Could someone please clear this all up for me? Why are you three here? Where are the other guardians?”

The girl next to Mila spoke up, “We are…well were your rescue team. Which seemed to fail.”

No one got a chance to reply before the cell door creaked and all of our eyes turned to Master. His eyes landed on me first and while fear was racing threw my veins I held my head strong and never let my gaze leave his eyes.

He walked straight to me and bent down until we were face to face. Before I knew it he kissed my forehead. His arms reached behind my chair and all of a sudden the rope around my wrist popped.

I was speechless. He had released me.

He stood and once again started walking for the door.

“Come on Sugar. We will find a suitable punishment for you later on.”