eleven - dream

"nice party." i hear somebody say from behind me. i turn to look, already knowing who it is by the british accent.

i chuckle, "i'm glad you came."

george smiles in return before wandering off, i assume to look around. a new crowd of people come through the door, talking loudly to one another and nodding to the music which is almost deafening.

i see britt walk back into the room with some plastic red solo cups, but i frown seeing her smudged lipstick. a pang of hurt hits my chest, but i ignore it and take a drink.

i grin at her before downing the contents of the cups, which earns me some cheers. i look around the circle of my friends, watching as they begin drinking too. we're around half an hour into the party, and i'm nowhere near the familiar state of drunk yet.

i take a deep breath, listening to my friends' conversation about dating. running my hands through my blonde hair, i take a shot glass from the table in front of us; which was brought to us by a friend.

"so, you and britt?" one of the guys ask, leaning into me. i grimace, looking around the circle.
to my relief, britt is busy dancing in the crowd of drunks far away from our conversation.

i shrug, "i dunno, man."

he smiles at this, and the conversation continues with the others. they begin talking about some embarrassing stories, teasing one another.

i look down at the shot glass in my hand as we talk about aaron tripping in front of his crush earlier.

laughing, i throw my head back, feeling the warm liquid run bitterly down my tongue and i swallow. i shudder as it goes down, but i get a few pats on the back.

"phew, you're really trying to get drunk, huh?" one of my friends joke. i roll my eyes, a playful grin on my face and find myself leaning toward him.

i snatch his shotglass from his hand, repeating my actions from before and downing it.

he shakes his head in amusement, telling me to relax. i don't bother responding, instead i walk backwards into the open space behind me. i bump into somebody, but continue the walk into the middle.

loud music hits my eardrums, and i close my eyes in satisfaction. my body begins swaying almost automatically to the tunes. i open an eye, peeking at my friends who have gotten up to join me on the temporary "dance floor."

we laugh, dancing and shouting at one another over the music. my hand finds britt and even though something in my mind tells me not to, i grab her face and kiss her.

the sloppy kiss deepens quickly and the alcohol begins taking effect, but i ignore it. i run my hands up her back and through her hair, our lips finding a rhythm.

my brain starts running with thoughts, telling me this isn't right, but i don't stop. i open my eyes, looking across the dancefloor toward the other side of the room.

i let my eyes scan through the crowd and it doesn't take me long to notice george. his hair is messy, and he looks more drunk than i.

i don't let my eyes leave him as he spots me. he contemplates for a while, just staring at me. but i watch him intently as he walks up to some random girl and kisses her.

shock floods my body and i almost feel betrayed, so i connect my lips back to britt's and messily make out with her.

my eyes find george again, and the lights change colour, flashing to the beat of the music. i ignore it, refusing to break eye contact with george as we both continue making out with the girls.

the music gets intense, and lose myself in george's eyes, and britt's mouth. her tongue finds its way into my mouth, and i let it. george's hands tangle in the hair of the girl in front of him.

i don't know what we're doing, but i wish it wasn't britt i'm kissing now.

=====

word count: 702
*in editing*
please vote!

it's party time (:

also wondering what my schedule should be...