23| unrequited love

Tamaki found himself outsides Fatgum's agency. A feeling of fatigue filling his body as he patiently waited for [y/n]. Tonight would be their first night walking back to the U.A. dorms together. But to his surprise, Tamaki has finally gotten used to [y/n]'s boldness. Taking all her flirtatious banter with a grain of salt. The self-conscious boy had convinced himself they [y/n] was only being friendly.

"Thanks for waiting Tamaki," [y/n] walked out of the agency.

"Mhm, no problem," he responded as the two finally began to walk together. This was now where Tamaki prepared for [y/n]'s flirtatious chatter, but instead, she was silent. At this point, the young girl was quite defeated and exhausted. She just felt as if Tamaki would never feel the same way. The poor girl was tired of the unrequited love. She couldn't blame herself though, Tamaki just wasn't mentally available for any kind of love.

Yes, his confidence has improved in the last few years. Tamaki's stuttered was slowly disappearing. But his depression and anxiety were still present and haunting him.

The walk again was quiet, and the train ride was even worse. Had he done something wrong? Was she mad at him? His mind began to overthink the many reasons for her sudden change in behavior.

"I talked to Kirishima," Tamaki finally broke the silence, the two now sitting side by side.

"Really? What did he say?" [y/n] perked up in excitement.

"I told him that I wanted to speak to him later this evening," the grin he found undoubtedly beautiful began to form on her lips.

"Oh! How exciting!" Tamaki couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. Just mentioning the first year's name brought [y/n] out of her slump.

"Can I talk to him with you?" [y/n] was genuinely excited to officially speak to the first year. She was eager to partner up with someone that wouldn't be annoyed by her.

"I don't see...why not," he responded as his jealousy only grew.

☼☼☼

"Please, Amajiki! Please [y/n]! Introduce me to whoever you do your work-study for!" Kirishima begged his two upperclassmen.

"You're spitting on me," Amajiki crouched away from the overzealous redhead.

"Don't worry, Kirishima, we gotchu! You're the perfect fit for what Fatgum is looking for!" [y/n] smiled happily, her hands clasping together in excitement.

"You guys work for Fatgum?" Kirishima's crimson red eyes widen in excitement.

"Yup," [y/n] responded, which made the first year to pay more attention to the winged girl.

"Th-That's awesome! Please, please, please, please introduce me!" the wide-eyed boy's hands bundled up into fists, eager to hear their final answer.

"We told you yes, Kirishima," a light laugh left her lips.

"Now let's give Tamaki some space. I'll tell you what you need to know," [y/n] began to walk away from Amajiki's dorm door.

"Thanks [y/n] I really appreciate it," Kirishima quickly followed behind his upperclassman, the new pair leaving Tamaki alone.

"Night Tamaki thank you again!"

"See you tomorrow," [y/n] gave her crush a small smile before turning her attention back to her new agency partner.

"Aw jeez [y/n]! You think I'm a good fit?" Tamaki stood by his door. A feeling of despair began to rush over him.

"Of course I do, kiddo!" she ruffled his hair as the ping of the elevator echoed through the floor. Tamaki then dragged himself into his room. He hated to admit it, but he was bothered by the lack of attention [y/n] had given him. Yeah, at times, it was a little too much for him to handle, but nonetheless, Tamaki still felt his heart skip a beat with each compliment she would give him. He now realized that he does enjoy her flirting because it made him feel sick to his stomach...but in the best way possible.

____

a/n:
ooohhhh tamaki getting jealous!
time for me to attempt to write a possessive tamaki!
ANYWAYS
i hope you enjoyed 🥺
as always thank you for reading and interacting with my story!

if you have noticed i don't really ask for votes or comments bc i want genuine votes/comments since it helps me understand what you guys do like and don't like!

so keep being you bby i love you even if you're a ghost reader 💜

stay safe and much love cuties
-marle 💜