22| are you dumb

"So this is the first-year class," [y/n] watched from the arena, alongside the big three and Maki.

"Not too shabby, I suppose," Mirio chimed in as they watched each student show off their skills.

"Let's get the angry one," [y/n] suggested to Tamaki, who was sitting tensely beside the winged girl. His palms clamming up as he did his best to control his shaking. Tamaki has been finding himself with [y/n] a lot more now. Since both are training under the same pro hero, their bond has slowly been growing.

"He's a bit...aggressive," Tamaki replied, which made [y/n] let out a little snicker.

"Yeah, but he shows a lot of promise!" the pair continued to watch the fight between Bakugou and Kirishima.

"I...I think Kirishima fits Fatgum's preference a bit more," Tamaki reasoned and [y/n] reviewed the redhead a bit longer.

"I suppose you're right," Kirishima seemed to shine a lot more than Bakugou. The way Kirishima held himself was a lot different compared to his opponent. The redhead first year fought with a smile and with respect. Bakugou fought with respect but the desire to win made him look selfish.

"So, Kirishima, then?" [y/n] asked for clarification.

"Yeah, he has a shine similar to Mirio," the timid boy responded.

"He looks like fun too! I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the fatgum team!" she grinned excitedly; her bright smile brought a small one to Tamaki's lips.

☼☼☼

time skip to the announcement of U.A. dorms|

"I think I'm just going to stop," [y/n] sighed as she walked beside her best friend.

"What do you mean?" Maki replied as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm pretty sure im just annoying Tamaki. I mean, I'm literally hinting at my feelings towards him all the time at our work-study, and I think I've made it obvious enough," [y/n] hung her head in disappointment.

"[y/n] no," Maki wrapped her arm around [y/n]'s shoulder.

"Haven't you noticed how Tamaki always ends up next to you? and how he smiles when you smile? Haven't you see how he's slowly been gravitating towards you rather than mirio!? Heck, he hides behind you when he gets too nervous instead of a damn wall!" Maki reassured her best friend.

"He has?" [y/n] gave her a shocked look.

"[y/n] are you dumb!?" her best friend shouted.

"A little," she giggled at her best.

"Maybe you haven't noticed because you both have been spending a lot of time together, but it's happening. I swear it," Maki ruffled [y/n]'s hair with an excited grin on her face.

"Just give it time; things will fall into place eventually. Don't forget how shy Tamaki is. Don't be surprised if you have to make the first move," her best friend winked as the pair finally arrived at [y/n]'s house.

"Hey, isn't that All Might and Mr. Aizawa?" [y/n] spoke as she saw both pro heroes enter her home.

"Wait, yeah, it is!" [y/n] then picked up Maki bridal style and flew them to her front door. Quickly opening to find [y/n]'s mother speaking to both of the teachers. Maki jumped off of [y/n], and the best friends awkwardly greeted their teachers.

"Big news, young ladies! U.A. is opening up dorms after everything that has happened the past couple of months," All Might announced.

"They are effective immediately as long as your parents give consent," Aizawa continued the news.

____

a/n:
I KNOW ANOTHER SHITTY CHAPTER!
BUTT
now that we are getting to the actual work-study arc, the actual relationship between [y/n] and Tamaki will begin to blossom!
so yeah, a filler chapter here, but i think the rest will finally be less of a slow burn kinda thing that i've been doing through out the story.
AKNEEWAYS

i hope you enjoyed!

and once again thank you for reading and for giving such amazing feedback i truly appreciate you 💜
- your dumb author marle 💀