18| work-study partner 

"[y/n] [l/n], here you go," her teachers smiled while handing [y/n] an orange envelope.

"Oh, thank you!" [y/n] took the envelopes into her hands.

"Tamaki isn't this fatgum's agency?" she asked as the period slowly came to an end.

"Yeah...It is actually," he answered timidly.

"I wonder what it's about," [y/n] yawned while ripping open the letter. Her eyes scanned the paper, and her jaw dropped as a small gasp left her lips.

"What? What is it?!" Maki, who was behind [y/n], asked.

"It's an invitation for a work-study with Fatgum!" Tamaki nearly choked on his saliva.

"Did you know about this, Tamaki?" [y/n] looked over to the blushing boy, who was only able to shake his head no.

"W-Well I've...um mentioned you a f-few times, but I didn't know Fatgum was paying attention," he responded nervously, his indigo eyes looking everywhere but at [y/n]'s eyes.

"Aww, Tamaki! You're the best," [y/n] just found herself falling deeper into love with the shy boy.

"I...um I really didn't d-do much," he began to fiddle with his fingers, he was still not use to being praised by anyone.

"It was enough for a work study invitation at the same agency as you!—Wait, you're still there, right?" [y/n] asked, as he saw how nervous she was making Tamaki.

"Mhm, I am," his voice was still gentle, making [y/n] smile at him excitedly.

"So that means we'll be working together!" she spoke happily, and Tamaki could only nod his head yes.

"I-I supposed so," he mumbled anxiously, unsure of how to feel about [y/n] becoming his work-study partner.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Tamaki finally looked into her eyes, and he saw a familiar shine coming off of [y/n]. Her smile as genuine as it could be, and a welcoming feeling radiated from the winged girl.

"Y-Yeah...it will," a small shakey smile began to form on his lips.

____

a/n:
omg what if i make [y/n] bug the hell out of tamaki all through out the work study?
but like in a good way, in a way that he grows to love 🥺
i'm just thinking tbh but we'll see tho!

hopefully you enjoyed!
stay safe and much love y'all 💜
- marle 😈