Chapter 1 The Day Before The First

I walked downstairs, seeing my Father, the 'infamous' Robin Hood, polishing his long bow. He saw me walking down and called out to me, "Lindsay! Come and give your old man a hug!" I ran down and hugged him. Yup, I am a 10 year old. Actually, I am not, I am already 15 and my mother disapproves my childish way greatly, but why should I bother listening to what she says?

"LINDSAY!!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY GUITAR?!" The shout came from upstairs. It was unmistakably my older brother, Sparrow Hood. He stomped down with his guitar in his hand. He looked like he just got electrocuted. Wait, he did! I started laughing hysterically.

"YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW! I DONT WANT TO BE ELECTROCUTED EVERYTIME I PLAY MY GUITAR!" He shouted angrily.

"Yeah sure whatever."

I continued laughing non stop and held out my wand and whispered the words to fix it.

He smiled and went back up to his sound-proof room.

I turned back to Father, he was giving me the 'disapproving' look again... I knew what he was about to say.

"Lindsay, remember tomorrow is your first day at Ever After High and I want you on your best behavior."

"Yes, Father......" I said while fidgeting with my wand.

"And it means no more casting spells for anything. If anyone was to learn our family secret, your mother's life will be in danger."

Have I mentioned who my mother is yet? No? Well... She's none other than Marian, the magician. Like her, I stumbled across a spell book when I was 10 and the magic in it belongs to me now.

"Yes, father." I said quietly before heading back to my room. I still have to pack clothes for a whole semester. I fiddled with the wand in my hand. Leaving it at home is just such a pity, think of what I could do! Pranking on teachers, students, help with my homework, test, exams, packing... PACKING I HAVE GOT TO START PACKING! Oh dear~ Have got to stop dily and dalying. If only big sister was here to help me, but she has some thing on currently. Sigh...