A Thousand Years

A/N: Hi everyone! This one-shot is based on the song, "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri. I highly recommend listening to it while reading it since there is dialogue in-between the lyrics. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

Adora laughed softly as she walked next to her feline girlfriend, "Where are you taking me?" she held up her skirt as they walked through the Whispering Woods. "Glimmer's going to flip when she finds out we left before we had to leave for Scorpia and Perfuma's ball. " she laughed

Catra chuckled, "I think she wouldn't mind us being gone for a little bit" she smiled. "Besides, I just want to show you something that I found the other day"

Adora smiled, "Really? Well, this better not be like that time where you took me to a cave and we ended up getting chased by bats" she laughed softly. "That was not a fun time"

Catra bit her lip and laughed, "No, I promise that this surprise will be much better than last time" she smiled and moved some branches to the side. She looked at the blonde, "Here we are" she walked into a field of light pink hydrangeas. "This is what I found" she motioned to the land in front of them

Adora gasped and looked at the land in front of them, "Oh.. Catra." she chuckled "It's beautiful!" kneeling, she softly touched some of the petals of the flowers in front of her. "How did you even find this place?" she looked up towards the feline.

Catra chuckled, "Well the other day, Swift Wind and I went on a bit of a ride. He wanted some apples from Plumeria, and you were busy so I offered to take him." she admired the blonde. "What do you think?"

Adora smiled and got up, "This is one of the best surprises you have shown me lately" she giggled and kissed her cheek. "Thank you" she squeezed the feline's hand.

Catra smiled and looked towards the field, "Come with me" she laced their fingers together and led her blonde girlfriend towards the middle of the field of flowers.

Adora laughed, "Catra, we have to head back before Glimmer kills us!" she held onto Catra's hand with one hand and her skirt with the other.

Catra looked around in the flowers, "Oh here!" she let go of the blonde's hand and sat down on the ground. "I promise to get us back on time, just come and sit down next to me for a minute"

Adora sighed playfully and sat down next to the feline, "Are you okay, my love?" she looked towards her.

Catra nodded and smiled, "Yeah.." she looked over to her blonde girlfriend. She watched as the wind swept through her golden hair, and couldn't help but smile. She blinked and looked around in the flowers. She felt around, "I also have another part of this surprise. If only I could find it in these flowers" she laughed.

Adora laughed softly, "Another part? What else could you possibly have in store for me?" she said as she watched the feline looked frantically through the flowers.

Catra chuckled and gasped as she felt something in the flowers. She pulled out a wooden guitar, "This is what I have planned for you" she turned to face her.

Adora gasped, "Catra..." she smiled as she looked at the guitar. "W-what?"

Catra adjusted the guitar into a playing position, "I want to play something for you" she smiled softly as she strummed a quick chord. She looked at the blonde, "If you would let me?" she bit her lip.

Adora blushed softly and nodded slowly, "Of course baby" she giggled softly.

Catra nodded and turned to face her. She cleared her throat and looked down at the guitar. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She sang,