The Tryouts (High school theater AU) pt.1

"Catra! Catra!" a 17-year-old Scorpia yelled as she ran down one of the hallways of Moon Valley High School. She clutched the flyer that she held in her hands close to her chest as she tried not to bump into people.

A 18-year-old Catra Rivers picked up her head from her phone as she held the mention of her name. She knew it could only come one person only.

Scorpia.

"Catra!" the taller lady panted as she stopped in front of her feline friend. She crouched down and rested her hands on her knees, "J-Just give me a minute. I just... just ran from across campus"

"Why didn't you just call me?" She raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arm.

"I thought you would be in cheer practice" the scorpion answered back as she stood herself up right.

"Well I was just on my way" she adjusted her black gym bag on her shoulder.

"No you're not"

"Uh yes? I'm the captain?"

"I sent everyone home"

"Scorpia! Why would you do that? The basketball team is having a game in a couple of days" she grabbed onto the girl's arms.

"Because you are trying out for the school's musical today" she handed her the flyer she was clutching so closely to her chest. She smiled, "I saw it when I was on my way to the gym"

The feline looked down towards the paper and pulled herself away. She took ahold of the crisp paper and careful read the details written.

Come and try out for this year's musical production of Romeo and Juliet! Also known as R+J! Looking for people with different vocal abilities and tones!
Have one minute of any song of choice for your audition!
We welcome all!

Catra gasped and covered her mouth as she tried not to squeal out of excitement. "Omg! I have been waiting all of thanksgiving break for this!"

"I know! I saw it and I thought of you! I know how much you really want to try and get the lead this time"

"Wait what about the cheer squad?" She brought her hand to her chin and started biting her thumb nail.

This is what she has been wanting. Another chance at getting the lead role!

Could this be her moment?

"Well duh you have me as your assistant captain! I will gladly take care of the squad while you are at practice"

She started biting her lip.

Theater was not always one of her favorite things to do in middle school. She actually hated it back then. But now that she was  in high school, she wanted to try new things.

First it was color guard, winter guard, fashion club, culinary club, cheer squad, and now theater.

She only did theater when she had the chance to. She didn't get to do the last spring show since she was too busy with the cheer team.

But now, things were different. The squad was barely working on cheer routines, color guard was just finishing up their long season, and she was taking a break from winter guard, everything was lining up.

Catra looked up towards the smiling girl in front of her and blushed. She nodded quickly, "Okay! I'm going to do it!"

"That's my wildcat! You are going to knock them dead! Actually don't" she laughed.