𝒊𝒊. I CAN BARLEY BREATHE

─── INTO YOU
CHAPTER TWO...!

!

❝ i can barley breathe  ❞

❝ i can barley breathe ❞

          "AND George?" Lilia Love had her phone pressed against her ear, having the person on the other line be her best friend back in Hawaii, Odette Davis.  "Oh, you'd love him. He's super sweet. Like─ We've been talking everyday, ever since we met. I wish you could meet him"

"I guess things in Seattle aren't to shabby after all?" Odette's tone was playful, while Lilia could hear her a smirk form on her lips.

"Yeah, I guess so." Lilia let out a chuckle, looking down at her feet, and then looking back up to the sign that read Seattle Grace Hospital. "Hey, my shift starts soon, but I'll catch up with you later tonight, okay?"

"You got it." Odette responded "Bye!"

"Bye!"

Shutting off her phone, Lilia gave out a short sigh, letting her signature smile form on her lips, before stepping foot into the hospital she had been working at for the last couple of days.

After grinning at a few nurses she encountered while walking, she finally made it to the attending's lounge, where she changed into her navy blue scrubs.

Her smile grew bigger when the material was placed on her body. It was the feeling you have when you're about to save someone's life. The hope. The excitement. The thrill. It was why Lilia became a surgeon in the first place.

She skipped out of the lounge, her smile as bright as ever, to head over to the nurses station, grabbing the updated charts for Izzie Stevens.

Feeling a vibration, Lilia took her pager out of her pocket to see it was from Richard Webber. Today was the day. Big day. Surgery day. Cutting into Izzie Steven's brain day.

She met with many surgeons outside of the patient's room, including Derek Shepherd, Chief, and Miranda Bailey.

"Dr. Shepherd! Good to see you!" Lilia enthused, giving the neurosurgeon a smile, earning a nod from him. It was his first day back.