Normal Day at the Office

Start from the beginning

"I know, pal. I know how much you love that kid. But don't think so negatively, he'll make it, I know he will!"

"Ink, you can't say that, though!" He cried, exasperated, "You and Dream, you're... so positive- too positive at times! The hospital have said he's not improving, why am I the only person that can accept that-?!" He cut himself off with a stifled wince, putting a hand to his head. "S-Sorry... my head..."

"Calm down, being this stressed is clearly making the pain worse!"

"INK! WE JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THE BOSS DIDN'T RECIEVE THE SPREADSHEET?" Phoenix called.

"WHICH SPREADSHEET?" Ink yelled back. Cross let out a frustrated groan, covering his head with his arms. "Sorry, Cross." He patted him on the shoulder and left the room. "I sent him the one he asked for."

"No, you gave him the wrong one."

Ink walked over to the computer at the front desk, looking at what Phoenix was pointing at.

"Oh, right. Shit."

"I'll do it. You call Ashley, she's-"

"Morning, boys~!" A familiar voice called in front of them. They looked up.

"Ashley, you piece of shit, where were you?" Phoenix groaned, staring expectantly as she took her black, laced coat off.

"Oh, y'know. With some people."

"What, your cult- sorry, weird Satanic 'family'?"

"No, actually. Some guys I met at the graveyard I normally walk through every morning."

"You walk through a graveyard every morning?" Ink laughed.

"Mhm. It's peaceful early in the day. But, like, I'll only go if it's still dark. Otherwise there's people there."

"Right, anyway, finish the story. Weird people at a graveyard?" Phoenix prodded.

"Oh, yeah! A group of humans, actually. And a goat monster."

Ink froze. "What?"

"Humans and a goat." Phoenix repeated, looking amused. Ink, however, did not share the reaction.

"Where?"

"A graveyard. God, do you listen to anything I say?" Ashley flicked her hair over her shoulder.

Ink swallowed. "Sorry. What did you talk about, anyway?"

"It just started when one of the girls said she'd noticed how I pass through the graveyard most mornings. Weird, because I've never seen her, but okay," Ashley snickered, "Come to think of it, I've not seen any of them before. They said they hang out outside the graveyard, by the street, so I wouldn't have seen them I guess."

"Still a bit creepy," Ink coughed.

"Come to think of it, they weren't all humans and one goat. There was a few other monsters. Like... two vampire girls, couldn't see much about them 'cause they were wrapped in one black cloak together, and a really short boy with pale purple-blueish skin and weird, pointy teeth. He didn't say a lot, he just kinda laughed at everyone's jokes."

"Did you notice anything about the goat?"

"No, she seemed pretty normal."

"She?" Ink repeated.

Ashley looked sceptically at Ink. "Yes, she. Why are you so interested?"

"Don't know, just thought they sounded like a weird crowd." Ink muttered.