A king's rant

Alice pov

I didn't know what to think ... was this a dream? ... I had fallen out of bed again and was unconscious? ... I really don't remember what happened ... because of my suitcases I can tell that I was getting ready to leave and cosplay somewhere ... I looked around ... and realized I was being really rude to the person in front of me ...

I dream or not, I entered a strange place that apparently was the home of this character ... it seems familiar to me but it was as if my memories had been hidden ..

manners first and foremost alice, always show manners ... at least until they make you mad and then let your claws out ...

- "um ... excuse me, sorry to bother you, I really hate to be a nuisance, but could you please inform me where am I ???, apparently I was left in this place and I really would like to find out how to go home ... please and thank you "I said looking at the subject who seemed to be very very very sick ... he was really ... pale ... why do I feel like I did a" pun "without thinking? ...

He stared at me, was he wearing a mask maybe? I don't see any faction move ...

- "Left here you say ........... well it is unfortunate for you ...... creature from distant lands ... you are in the dying kingdom of Hallownest ... the subterranean and decaying kingdom. .. soon this will only be nothing more than a tomb for all the inhabitants that were left behind ... very appropriate in my case .......... since soon my light will be extinguished as well as that of my kingdom and finally we will be consumed by the light that destroys the mind and the darkness that consumes the body "said he looking towards the horizon as if trying to see something that is not there.

- "Well that's depressing ... if this place is so bad, why don't everyone just take their things and leave while, I don't know, they do a quarantine until everything is fixed"

He turned to see me as if i had grown another head... - "leave our home?" said something silent

- "Well, yes, if the place is dangerous, it is normal for people to leave until things improve, why risk innocent people until the authorities fix the problem ..."

- "That sounds so simple, just take your things and go ... but no one thinks about those who are left behind" said the melancholic.

- "That is the point, those who are left behind are supposed to be the experts and the authorities, the ones who are supposed to fix the problem" she said

- "But what happens when the problem, no matter how much they have tried, have always failed" she said a little annoyed.

- "Well, they close the area of ​​contamination, and if they can't find a cure, then they purge it or seal it and move to another place" he looked at her and let out an annoying sound and began to laugh like a mad man ...

- "IF THAT IS SO EASY, SEAL THE PROBLEM, BUT FOR THIS YOU SACRIFY EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AND FOR A TIME IT WORKS AND THINGS SEEM BETTER BUT THEN IT APPEARS AGAIN AND WORSE THAN BEFORE AND YOU NO LONGER HAVE ANYONE BY YOUR SIDE AND EVERYTHING FALLS OUT BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORTED YOU OR ARE DEAD BECAUSE THEY SACRIFIED THEMSELVES FOR YOUR STUPID PLAN OR THEY HAVE ABANDONED YOU BECAUSE YOU DEFRAUDED AND THEY DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU " somehow he had gotten up from his chair and had been walking from one side to the other in front of me ... I don't know what his surprise was that he could move or that he yelled at me ...

- "I ... I'm ... sorry ... I'm not ..." he said hesitantly

-"do you feel better?" I said while smiling at him

He looked at me puzzled, and I dropped to my knee infront of him to be at the same eye level with him ...

- "Sometimes it is better to make a scene and take out what you have inside, than to simply leave it inside and end up devouring your soul" I said and pulled him into a hug ...