Chapter 7 ~ Meet The Angry Cousins

3rd pers. POV

"All it took was one look and they knew: this was Anahita Jackson."

"So", started Anahita, "what brings you all to my humble abode?"

Percy described their quest for the gods' symbols of power, their theories, what they'd already done, and finished by mentioning the seashell that directed them to her.

Ana nodded her head slowly, taking in the information. "I'd say you're on the right track, but doesn't it seem kind of obvious, I mean coming to Atlantis. Wouldn't the thief have hidden them in places you'd never think of or even given them away to someone else?"

Athena answered. "We've considered that possibility already. However, Atlantis has a rather large archive where we've found useful information. There is also the fact that it has only been two days since our symbols have been stolen. There is not much the thief could have possibly done in that time."

"Alright. Then I guess we're looking for someone close to all of you. Someone who could've gotten into Olympus without being noticed or making heads turn."

Ana paced the floor for a couple minutes before speaking again.

"How about this? We go back on land and retrace the thief's steps. About 15 minutes away from the Empire State Building is a forest. Demigods tend to use it often since it hides us from the mortals. We do have to be careful though. The forest is notoriously difficult to get through at times since it's well known  for being packed with monsters. But it's also the fastest, and in some cases, easiest, way to get as far from Olympus as possible in a short span of time."

The gods shared a few looks before agreeing to the plan.

They made their way out of the underwater home and prepared to leave. Ana and Percy both transformed into their mer forms in order to travel faster. Ana's tail was actually quite similar to Percy's, what with the sea-green colour, but hers also had touches of deep purple.

As the group swam closer to the surface, Poseidon approached his daughter in an attempt to get to know her better.

"Anahita" he started.

"Just Ana is fine Dad." she said with a smile.

He smiled back. "Very well then, Ana. Tell me about yourself. It seems I have missed a lot more of my children's lives than I thought."

"Well, I'm 18, Percy's younger twin sister, which he never fails to remind me," as she said this last bit louder and with a pointed look at her brother who merely smiled innocently in return. She rolled her eyes at him, but looked back at her father who'd been watching the interaction with amusement etched all over his face. "Right, moving on. I've been living in that house for the past few years and before that I travelled a little bit everywhere. I used to follow Percy on all of his quests. It's how I stayed in touch at times and knew what was happening in this world. He kept me updated."

Poseidon nodded. Ana looked at her father with an expression he could not decipher.

"Percy and I are a lot alike, Dad. You already know him, which means, in some ways, you already know me. It's a bit cliché, but, as twins, the two of us tend to think, talk and act very much alike."

"I wish I'd known of your existence sooner. Perhaps then I could have reached out to you in some way."

Zeus interrupted. "That is not possible, Poseidon. It's against the rules and you know that."

Poseidon rolled his eyes and said, "Yes, the rules you made, brother."

Zeus narrowed his eyes at the god. "What is that supposed to mean?"