Chapter 36

Now that Queen Oriane withdrew her troops and admitted her defeat, the Ravendalian soldiers started to celebrate. For them it's was unbelievable that the war that could have turn into a few years with unknown outcomes finished in a few weeks with the victory.

Alexander couldn't believe it either. We had prepared various strategies for different outcomes and we have prepared this war to be a year long. Nevertheless, it's was better to end the war now than a few years later.

Now we are currently heading back to Ivyvale in the carriage.

"I can't believe the war was ended just like that." Alexander said and I nodded.

"It's was definitely the fastest war in history but it's good to be able to come back to our children just like we are coming back from the work trip instead of the war." I expressed my opinion and Alexander nodded.

"We were just lucky." Alexander had also expressed his opinion and I hummed.

"Indeed, but it' takes a genius mind to reap off the luck and use it to our benefits." I emphasized.

" I agree." Alexander smiled.

The trip from Tara to Ivyvale was long. It's was incredibly long when you missed the people that you care about in Ivyvale.

"So what's next?" I sighed at my rhetorical question but I didn't mind hearing Alexander's answer.

"There will be a celebration waiting for us back in Ivyvale. We will get to celebrate our victory." Alexander answered.

"Then what?" I asked then I added. "What will happen in the court? How our victory can affect the next one hundred years?"

"It's an interesting question, you fortified your rule and our children's for the next one hundred years. " Alexander expressed his thoughts.

"For the next one hundred years, Ravendale will flourish culturally and with technological advancements. Your name will be written in textbooks." Then Alexander added your thoughts.

"On the other side, nobles will try hard to convince me not to give you and your brother the title of the King." I claimed as leaned towards the window of the carriage and Alexander smiled.

"That is inevitable." Alexander stated.

Indeed, it was inevitable. I didn't mind giving them the title of King since they are in some way capable more than me and returning after the war with a victory is was the perfect occasion to reward them the new title.

Since the Kings are either the prince who was born into a royal family or the prince consorts who achieved something great.

"But what do you think?" I asked Alexander and he chuckled.

"My opinion will be biased, Annabelle." Alexander answered and I pouted.

"But I still enjoy hearing your opinion since you are a very intelligent husband." I complimented him.

"I guess that's what makes you a wise Queen." Alexander also didn't miss the chance to compliment me.

In a few hours, we have finally reached Ravendale. A lot of people were gathered around the road that we were supposed to come back to our Royal Palace.

The whole street is decorating with celebratory banners and people were cheering for us.

The bards were singing the song that was created to tell a tale about me.

"With her quick wit, she managed to defeat the Fayans in no time."

"From simple noble to a wise Queen, she is the ruler who will lead Ravendale to prosperity."The bards have sung.