Chapter 1 (rewrite/upgrade)

Chapter 1: How you meet

It was Friday night and you were walking in the five-feet walkway which your hands desperately clutched on your gloves as if your life was depending on it. You had just finished another task that Roosevelt High had ordered you to do - organising papers in alphabets which took you about 5 hours on it, but being a good student you are, you did it anyway. And maybe a little for extra marks.

As you were passing by the closed stores, you adjusted your scarf that was around your neck so that half of your freezing face will be covered. It was a chilly night but you didn't expect it to be this chilly. The temperature can instantly bring you into a high fever or at least a cold. Mentioning about a cold, you sneezed softly and groaned at the painful feeling in your itchy nose, reciting God's bliss. You rubbed your freezing nose before continuing walking.

Your hair began to itch inside of your hijab, sometimes you scratched your head now and then. A sudden cold wind passes by which immediately sent you a shiver down your spine and made you trembles in cold. Clutching to your triple jackets and coat, you hugged yourself desperately.

The passing scene was normal, nothing to be commenting about except for the beautiful view that was in New York. The scenery never eased to not amaze you. It's just so beautiful that it always calmed you down somehow.

Humming a familiar song in your head, you're going to take a left when suddenly you felt goosebumps all over your body. Instantly you stopped walking and eyed the alleyway.

The dark alleyway somehow gave you weird vibes of a wrong decision to take the path. But wanting to go back home early, you took the path anyway and ignored any weird presence you felt once you started walking into the alleyway.

You focused your gaze to the front, not wanting to catch anything before your eyes or anything that might distract you. Your body is aching and you're dying to meet your bed. You could almost feel the comfiness of the pillow and warm blanket covering you. It somehow made you started to fast walk.

When you're in the middle of the alleyway, you heard some grunts and groans coming from the end of the path. You squinted your eyes only to see Purple Dragons mugging a blonde hair guy who looked scared out of his life.

You quickly turned away, two of your palms covering the side of your face as you winced at the thought of getting caught by them.

Aw, hell nah. I'm not dealing with this guy again. I just wanted to go home.

Being a clumsy person you are, you accidentally tripped on an empty can and landed on your chest, groaned softly at the sudden pain and lack of air.

Purple Dragons heard the noise, turning out and smirked at your presence. You turned your head and gasped when your eyes met Fong's - the top hated guy in your list. You clumsily stood up on your feet before taking a run from the other side. You heard Fong ordered his henchmen to chase you.

With a sudden rush of adrenaline burst into your veins, you began to pick up your speed. When you almost reached the other end of the alleyway, Sid came into your sight and tried to grab you but being flexible you are, you managed to slip away from his grasp and continued to run away from the alleyway.

Your breathing quickly became uneven, suddenly your triple jackets and coats made you all sweaty and hot. You continuing running, ignoring the yells from the gangster who chased down on your hot trail. You folded your upper hijab to let it not cover your view when you're panicking on trying to lose them.

"Not again! It's been three times this week!" you mumbled to yourself, growing frustrated at the gang who still chasing you down like predators chasing down preys.