x. decoration

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Draco Malfoy was more pissed than usual. He strutted along the hallways of Hogwarts, his glare fiercer than ever. Today was supposed to be a special day for him and it was for the most part. He had received gifts from people he barely knew and was greeted with 'happy birthday' throughout the day. If that wasn't enough to please him, he also found out Harry Potter was unconscious in the Hospital wing and normally he would be. However, in this case, the bad outweighed the good.

In other words, Diana Romanov not congratulating him on his 12th birthday outweighed his enemy knocked out on a bed and the undivided attention he got from today.

He waited patiently--something he wouldn't typically do but it seemed, breaking his own rules had become a habit when it came to the purple-eyed princess--and now it was late at night, he still hasn't heard anything from her. He even tried finding her and making her say those 2 simple words but she disappeared right after dinner.

Draco clicked his tongue in irritation and angrily stuffed his hands into his pant's pockets. He was bloody pissed because she was supposed to be his real friend. She was supposed to always be there for him. She was supposed to be here with him. But he was all alone.

Irritation turned to anger.

Anger turned to sadness.

Until finally, sadness turned to pain.

"Screw this," Draco muttered and turned back to his dorm room.

However, before he could take another step, he noticed something white fluttering in the distance. Narrowing his eyes in the dimly lit hallway, he tried to adjust his eyesight to find out what was coming towards him.

It was a paper crane.

The piece of parchment fluttered down in his awaiting hands. He looked around the vicinity and all that greeted him were shadows, not a person in sight. Hesitantly, he unfolded the crane, revealing neat handwriting.

'Come to the Astronomy Tower.

-- D.R  '

His heart skipped. There was only one person who wrote with this handwriting and has the same initials. So, without hesitation, he quickly left to go to their place; The Astronomy Tower.

* * *

When he arrived, he was greeted by a dark blanket laid down on the cold floor, a few throw pillows scattered around on it, and another thick blanket. Beside it sat a basket of sweet and two bowls of ice cream--which miraculously hasn't melted--and a familiar black satchel. However, the one thing he was looking forward to seeing wasn't here.

There was no Diana Romanov.

He looked around once more before stepping closer and stared at the scene in front of him. Where was she?

Completely oblivious to the person quietly walking behind him, his shoulders deflated in disappointment and was about to turn around until--

"Boo!"

Draco let out a surprised yelp and swiftly turned around to see a laughing Diana. Her amusement flooded the silent room as the grey-eyed boy scowled, his pink cheeks glaringly made his embarrassment evident.

"Oh stop sulking you cretin," she said once she calmed down. She poked his cheek, a bright smile that rivaled the moonlight casting on them on her lips when she noticed how squishy they were. "It's your birthday today so you should be smiling."