Not hungry (Beelzebub x depressed reader)

(This was requested by Alisphoria)

Y/N's POV

I woke up to see moonlight pouring in through my window, and directly onto the bed. It was as if a spotlight was hovering over me, but that attention was unwanted. I wanted to be hidden away from the light, and from the world. My mood had been different lately.

I wasn't feeling as happy or energetic as I was when I first came here. The world around me seemed more grey and bleak. Even hanging out with the brothers wasn't as fun as it used to be. Nothing seemed fun anymore.

My phone vibrated, and I lifted my arm to grab the phone. There was a text from Satan. My eyes lazily scanned through the words on the screen, trying to ignore the blinding light from the phone screen.

Satan: Y/N, are you going to eat breakfast? We're all waiting for you.

Y/N: Sorry, I'm not hungry right now.

Satan: Alright. I'll tell the others.

I tossed my phone on the side of the bed I wasn't laying on, and covered my head with the blanket. I curled up into a ball, and tried to fall back asleep. My mind was foggy, but it was hard to fall asleep. I'm not sure how much time passed before my eyes started closing on their own, and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

-time skip to a couple hours later-

Beel was munching on one of the many burgers that were delivered to the manor a few minutes ago. He was passing by Y/N's room, and he glanced down at the burgers that were cradled in his free arm. He knew that Y/N had skipped breakfast, so he decided that he would share the food with her.

He lightly knocked on her door, and waited for some kind of response. However, the only thing that greeted him was silence. Beel tried knocking a little harder, but he still didn't get a response. He then assumed that she was asleep.

Beel carefully opened the door, and peeked inside. He didn't do it to spy on her or anything, he was just worried about the human. He walked inside, and placed a burger on the table in the back of the room, and then left the room as quietly as he could.

Y/N's POV

I woke up to the sound of my door closing. Once my vision focused, I looked around the room to see if one of the brothers borrowed or left something. I noticed something in wrapping on the back table.

I slowly got up, and walked over to it. I opened it, and saw that it was a burger. I grimaced as I wrapped it up again. Just looking at it made me feel queasy. Food didn't seem too appetizing today. Just then, my phone went off. I sighed and walked over to the small trashcan in my room, and tossed the burger in there.

I picked up the phone, and noticed that were was a text from Mammon this time. I laid back down on my bed, and read the text.

Mammon: Yo! Do ya wanna go out with me and Levi for some lunch? Levi's paying of course.

Y/N: Sorry, I'm not hungry. Beel brought me something to eat.

"It's not like I'm going to eat it though..."

My eyes started watering for some reason. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was sad, or I was missing how things used to be and how I used to feel. Maybe it was both.

My stomach was hurting too. I know it's because I haven't eaten anything, but I can't force myself to eat without feeling like I need to throw it up afterwards. It was an agonizing feeling, and I couldn't do anything about it no matter how much I tried.

All I could do was stay and cry in my room in the darkness, hoping that some kind of light would penetrate the black hole that was swallowing me up without any mercy.

3rd POV -dinner time-

"Has anyone seen Y/N outside of her room today?" Asmo asks as he takes a picture of his food to out on Devilgram. Everyone stayed silent. None of them had seen her outside of her room today.

"I haven't. She hasn't eaten anything either. She didn't come for breakfast or dinner." Satan looked to the empty seat at the table. They all glanced at it, hoping that the human they cared about was okay.

"She ate lunch! She texted me and told me Beel brought her something." Everyone turned to Beel. He stopped eating, and told them that he had seen her sleeping earlier when he brought her food.

"I see. You should go check on her, Beel." The Avatar of Gluttony nodded as he stood up, and walked to Y/N's room. He knocked on the door. Like earlier, no one came to greet him at the door.

He could faintly hear something from inside: crying. He immediately opened the door, and looked to the bed. In the darkness, he could see a single bump that was underneath the moonlight.

Beel closed the door behind him, and slowly walked over to the bed. When he did, he lifted the blanket up to reveal the human with tears pouring down her face. She didn't even try to cover her face again.

"Y/N?! What's wrong?" Beel's protective instincts activated the moment he had heard her crying from outside the room. She put on a small, sad smile.

"I-I don't know....it's stupid, right?" She chuckled sadly. Beel leaned down, and brought her into his arms. At first, Y/N didn't feel anything when he hugged her. But then, his warmth started to break through the cold darkness.

She slowly raised her arms up, and clung onto Beel for dear life. Her once soft cries were turning into loud but muffled sobs. Beel started to stoke Y/N's head. After a while, the human had stopped crying, but still clung onto Beel.

"Did you actually eat the burger?" Y/N shook her head, and pointed to the trashcan. Beel nodded. He got up, and left the room for a few moments.

When he came back, he was carrying two plates in his hands. He set them down at the back table, and gestured for Y/N to come over to him. She slowly stood up, and walked over to him. She stumbled a little bit since she hadn't walked all day.

"Here, eat." He held up a fork with some fruit on it. The girl slowly bit down on it, knowing that she would probably feel like throwing it up.

To her surprise, she didn't feel sick at all. She took a bite of something else, and she didn't feel sick. She began eating silently. Her stomach was getting less and less empty.

"T-Thank you..."