Chapter Twenty Six

Magsimula sa umpisa

Then he looks away.

"I-I'm s-so sorry-y for b-bothering y-you. I'll leave y-you b-be now." I hear Jacob say, his voice cracking. I hear him sniffle and then he's gone. Just before the door closes I hear a loud sob. One small tear falls down my face and now I'm even more confused. These feelings are so familiar but my mind has no memory of gaining such emotions. That's what's confusing me the most. Before I can even stop myself, both my hands are running through my hair, pulling it from my head. I hate this. I hate how I feel. I hate how I look. I hate everything. I hate everyone. Then his eyes come back into my mind and again for a brief moment, there's peace. In a instant, it's gone and in its place is an anger. A burning, raging anger. I want, no, need, to stop this. Quickly, I push myself out of bed and rush to the entrance of the infirmary. I kick the door open with my foot and race down the dark and dreary hallway. Every so often there's a torch mounted on the stone wall, it's light illuminating the textures around it. I turn a corner to see a figure walking down the hall towards me. Then I realize I have no idea where the library is. My feet quickly rush towards the person and as I get closer I see they are wearing blue robes. Ravenclaw robes. Their usually pretty smart so they should be able to help me find what I'm looking for.

"Excuse me!" I shout at them and they stop. "I need your help." I say, quickening my pace. The Ravenclaw student seems to be a boy with black hair and dark grey eyes. Huh, that's odd. I've never seen anyone with grey eyes before. I shake my head quickly. Now is not the time to ponder.

"What do you want?" He snaps, not even turning to look at me.

"I just need you to point me in the right direction of the library." I tell him, a snarl on my face. Suddenly, his head quickly snaps up and he stares me right in the eyes. A slight chill goes through my body. I see the boy smile sweetly.

"I'm so sorry. I couldn't see who you were in the darkness. Aaron, how are you doing?" He asks.

"Um fine. Who are you?" I ask him, trying to see if anything will come back to me.

"Oh, sorry mate. I heard you got your memory wiped. I'm Samuel Steemer. We were best buds." He tells me putting his hand out.

"Oh." Is all I say. Still I put my hand out and shake his. A sharp pain runs through my arm and up to my skull as soon my palm brushes his. "Ah!" I shout, pulling my hand away from his.

"Aaron!" I hear Samuel shout, but it's all fuzzy. My mind goes black as the world around me starts changing into that of another.

My fingers brush against the two bright red flowers, and I quickly pluck them from their stems. I gently place them in my pocket. I look up at someone but their face is all fuzzy. I place a finger to my lips motioning for them to be quiet. My ears prick up as I hear them snort. A small smile forms on my face.

Then in a flash, the memory stops and I'm thrust back into my own painful reality. A gasp escapes my throat and I feel myself stumble to the ground. My eyes looks around to see Samuel bending down looking at me, a worried expression on his face.

"Aaron, are you okay?" Samuel asks me. I can feel my body start to shake. Was that...was that my memory? It was so calm and peaceful. Why was it so happy? How do I get another one to come back? I slowly nod my head and push myself off of the ground.

"Can you just tell me where the library is?" I ask him quickly. Now I really need to talk to the Headmaster.

"Oh right sorry. It's over there to the left." He says, pointing back behind him.

"Thanks." I say. Without even looking back at him, I rush in the direction he pointed. I turn the corner quickly to see one single door standing out against the grey of the walls. My feet take me to the door and I push it slowly open. I jump when the floorboards creak below me. Immediately the sound of voices shushing each other fills my ears. My eyes gaze around the room to see many figures standing behind a book shelf, quietly whispering to each other. I walk towards them and as I turn the corner around the shelf, I see all their eyes turn to me. Professor Malfoy, Potter, Longbottom, Lovegood, both Weasley's and Headmaster Granger are all standing over the table, books open and scattered everywhere. I see pages upon pages of notes and scrawled on each sheet, the same delicate handwriting. I gulp. This doesn't look good.

"I'm h-here to get answers." I stutter at them. Stuttering, really? Come on Aaron you're better than this. "Have you found anything yet?" I see all of them shake their heads...except Headmaster Granger. Her gaze is placed on me. The look in her eyes shows that of determination, resilience, and a raging fire.

"We will will find something soon. I can feel it." She states, her voice full of confidence.

"Well, I think I gained a tiny memory." I whisper quietly, casting my head down. I feel very out of place right now. All their heads shoot up to me.

"Wait really?" I hear Professor Lovegood ask. I nod my head.

"What did you see?" Professor Longbottom asks. I shuffle my feet before replying.

"I stole two red flowers from your Herbology class. I'm not sure what the flower was called and their was another person I was talking to. That's it. Nothing else. My mind went blank." I tell them softly. They all stare at me in silence. Professor Longbottom snickers. "What's so funny?" I snap at him.

"I gave you and Jacob Stil a detention for that." The Professor states.

"That specific flower was covered at the beginning of the year. Only seventh years were allowed to study the flower. It's a bright red flower called the Belladora. Its very similar to the potion Amortentia in that the scent is that of something you love greatly. " Professor Potter says, glancing at Professor Longbottom to see is his information is correct. I see him give a quick nod.

"Oh." I say, my cheeks heating up. "I don't remember that." I say.

"It's okay Mr. Morton. We will get your memory back. Do you think anything specific caused you to regain the memory so suddenly?" Professor Lovegood asks me.

"Well, apparently friends with Samuel Steemer and I ran into him in the hallway while trying to find the library. He held out his hand to shake and when my hand brushed his, I felt a burning pain in my arm and up to my head. That's when the memory appeared." I tell them slowly, trying to connect dots that aren't there. "Do you think he has anything to do with this?" I ask them suddenly. "I mean, I am a Slytherin. I don't think I would be friends with a Ravenclaw...or any other house for that matter." I tell them, shrugging my shoulders. They all glance around at each other.

"Why don't you return to the Medical Wing? I think we have everything covered here. If we gain any new information, we will have Madame Weasley tell you." Headmaster Granger says. I nod my head.

"Okay." I tell her. All of a sudden I feel very tired. Losing your memory must take a lot more energy out of you than I thought. A sigh escapes my lips. My feet take me out of the library and down the dim corridors again. I just feel even more confused now.

That provided no help. No help at all.