Scarlett

As I gaze at the grotesque form of the dead girl, a faint sound like footsteps, pulls my focus from the girl. The footsteps grow louder and more clearer.

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

I scramble to the nearest dumpster that lies in the shadows. In my mad dash to hide, I drop my phone. "Shit", I whisper to myself as I leave it on the ground in open view.

Whoever it was that was coming, making their footsteps loud and clear, has arrived.

"Ohhh Scarlett.... I believe you've dropped something."

My eyes widened in the dark and my breathing hitched as I heard who that voice belonged to. I slowly stood as my back faced her. I didn't even need to turn around to know who it is.

"Gwendolyn", I say with a grimace in midspin. Turning to face her, my blood began to boil to it's very core, but for the life of me I cannot remember why. I just had the need to rip her heart out like the girl on the ground.

Gwen stands there smirking with her acid green eyes sparkling with excitement as she gazes down the dead girl's corpse.

*GASPS* "Tisk Tisk Tisk Scarlett. What have we done here?" She asks with false scorn and reticule.

"What do you care?" I spat back at her. She looked hurt and placed her hand over where should have been her heart if that bitch had one. I knew it was just an act.

"I do care Scar-Scar", she says as I cringe at that pathetic thing she calls a nickname.

"With the way you ran out of the club, I had to come see what was the matter with you."

I stand there feeling my face becoming contorted with confusion, as images come fluttering back into my head of the events that has taken place this evening.

FLASHBACK

Strong beams of red, blue, and green lights flash on and off while the loud music vibrates my bones.

I am swaying my hips side to side along with the melody of the music "Chronicles Of A Fallen Love" by The Bloody Beetroots. My favorite song.

I close my eyes as I begin to lose myself in the music, my movements becoming more and more provocative.

I am in tune with the rest of the other music enthralled people in this humid club.

I could have stayed this way forever. Dancing and swaying in rhythm with the music, the people, it was all ecstasy and it was all for me.

Xavioh rented out this entire club for me since it was my 16th birthday AND he was the most affluent person I know. Him enboding the Sin of Greed could have also added to his wealth, but I choose to not believe that.

As I am still lost in the music, I sense there is something wrong so I stopped and opened my eyes.

I should have kept them closed....

Standing there I see this two people making out on one of the lounge sofas in the club. I stand there gawking at them as they begin picking up speed which for some reason made my blood boil.

His hands travel down her waist to her thighs as her mouth starts kissing down his neck. I was about to look away but then a red beam of strobe light shined right on them and then I realized who they were.

Joseph.........and Gwendolyn...

Everything in the club because silent as I stare at them. My boyfriend and my worst enemy was making out.

Hot tears sting my eyes but I would allow them to fall.

'This is supposed to be my night' I think to myself. 'How could he do this to me?'

My body begins to shake as the tears that welled up in my eyes starts to evaporate from my boiling blood. I turn to leave the club as my striking red hair trails behind while my rage builds up inside of me. I force myself to look one last time, and I see Gwendolyn staring right at me. Smirking. I fling open the door and then..

And then nothing...

FLASHBACK OVER

"You" I whisper but loud enough for Gwendolyn to hear.

"I saw you stalking towards the door and I saw that look in your eye. So naturally I came to see where you've gone off to. All I had to do was follow the trail of blood." She said with a grin that was full of malevolence.

"I'm going to kill you. I'm going to end your life." I say meaning every word as my skin begins to erupt with hatred.