Joseph

※Joseph in Multimedia※

"Joseph........I've done it again." Immediately all my sluggishness and drowsiness disappear when I hear Scarlett's voice say those words. "Scarlett, what exactly did you do?" "I'm not the sin of Wrath for nothing", she says with a bitter, sarcastic tone that is full of sorrow and regret. "Joseph............are you still there?" Scarlett asked with a timid and hoarse voice. She beings to start breathing at a quick pace, taking in short, sharp breaths that even from here I can tell they are doing damage to her lungs.

"SCARLETT! Just CALM DOWN.....Okay?" I yelled at her to break her from her sudden panic-attack, but I am cut off by her. She begins to sob into the phone asking, "What have I done Joseph?! I am supposed to be over this, to be over this CONSTANT RAGE AND ANGER! Why can't I ever get any better?" I hear he whisper with a cry that even stung the back of my throat. I can imagine the tears that are falling from her eyes.

"Scarlett..." I say in a soothing voice, "Where are you? I'll come and get you and we can dispose of the body ourselves and figure the rest out like all of the other times, rememeber?" "That's the problem Joseph, I DON"T WANT IT TO BE LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER TIMES!" I want it to be diffferent, I want to be different."

I could hear the shattered hope in here voice when she said that. She used to be such a sweet girl, then she learned what her inborn sin was.

FLASHBACK

I was seven years old when I first saw her. The sun made her broze skin glow like a warm aura arond her. Her sanguine red hair trailed behind her, cascading down her back. Even at six years old she was so beautiful not cute. Though many people called her cute, I only saw beauty and grace. The way she moved and the way she spoke was so mesmerizing.

I always watched her from a distance, hoping I would catch a glimpse her eyes. They were truly amazing when the sun's rays hit them just right. Displaying the most gorgeous burgundy eyes that seemed to be actually flecked with slivers of gold. From that point on, the girl with the red hair had my heart.........

FLASHBACK OVER

I was brought back from my memories by the repeation of my name, "Joseph....Jospeh.....JOSEPH!!!!", screamed Scarlett. "Where are you Scarlett?" I could hear Scarlett breathing through the phone why she is thinking. "I don't know" , she says in an inaudible whisper. "No matter where you are I will find you", I promised. "Please Joseph, hurry."

And with that the line went dead as I laid in my bed with my satin sheets sticking to my back. I stare into the velvet darkness that looms above me as I try to stitch together a plan from the events that has just occured.

I sit up on my bed and start to get dressed. I am pulling on my last sneaker, when I hear a knock at my door. Before I am able to get up to open it, the door is already in motion and I see who it is. His olive skin, jet black hair, and clear blue eyes are undeniable even in the dark.

Xavioh walks into my room and closes the door silently behind him. "What and where do you think you are going at 3:17 in the morning Joseph?", asked Xavioh in his deep yet angelic voice. I stand there quietly avoiding his gaze buy staring at the floor.

He moves closer to me and repeats his question with more authority. "I said, what and where do you think you are going at 3:17in the morning Joseph?" Unable to hold any longer, I reluctantly say "To find Scarlett, she's done something terrible......again."