Chapter 9

Scorpius rushed into the room where Iris was waiting anxiously. "Iris! We can't just run off like that!" He says breathlessly. 

"I know, I know." Iris says quickly as she began ripping the package open. Scorpius walked closer and looked into the box. 

Inside of the box was a crystal. Confused, Iris picked it up. "What?" She asked puzzled. 

"I...Don't know." Scorpius replied as he reached out to take it from her, however the second he grabbed hold of the crystal, a flash of light blinded them for a moment. Once they were able to see again, they noticed something off. The room was different. 

They looked around puzzled. "What just happened?" Iris asked alarmed. 

"I.." Scorpius started to say, however he stopped when the doors of the room began to open. They looked over at the door and saw a blond haired girl walk into the room. 

"Bella?" 

Scorpius asked surprised. 

Iris looked over at Scorpius with narrowed eyes and then back to her mother. 

Bella looked around anxiously. She was holding a bunch of papers. She walked over to the portrait that was hanging on the wall. Iris tilts her head a little puzzled seeing the man in the portrait. Bella takes the portrait down. 

"What are you doing?" Scorpius's eyes narrowed. Bella laid the portrait face down on the table 

"Who's portrait is that?" Iris asked as Bella took out a knife. 

"My son. Deigo." Scorpius replied as Bella carefully took off the back of the portrait and carefully put the stack of documents into the back of the portrait, before putting the back on it once again and hung it back up in place. 

"She hid something behind the portrait!" Iris gasped. 

"Martina has it now." Scorpius reminded her. 

A blinding flash and they were once again in the room, but in the present. Hearing a loud scream they ran out of the room and down the hallway. 

The screams lead to Martina's room. 

"GET OUT!" 

"It doesn't belong to you!" 

"Well it sure as hell doesn't belong to you!" 

Scorpius and Iris came to a stop and looked at the chaos that was now Martina's room. 

Martina and Clair were arguing with each other while Clair was full on destroying the other girls room. 

Seeing something, Clair over turned Martina's bed and there lay the portrait of Diego. Martina rushed forward to grab it, however Clair was faster and got to it first. Clair tossed it to Scorpius who caught hold of it quickly. 

Martina turned to look at where Clair had tossed the portrait. Iris could see the deranged look in Martina's eyes as she turned to look at them, however shock filled her eyes once she realized that they were there.

Iris felt the rage radiating off of Scorpius. 

"MARTINA! Enough!" Scorpius growled. He looked at a guard who was standing there looking nervous. "Lock her in one of the cells." He says with a scowl. Martina looked at Clair with a smirk. 

"Clair, Iris. Come with me." Scorpius says causing Martina's smirk to fade. The guard grabbed hold of Martina and dragged her away trying to block out the screaming and protesting. 

Scorpius lead the girls back to the meeting room. Once the doors were shut they turned to face Clair. 

"How did you know about the portrait?" Iris demanded.