Chapter 11

Iris walked into the room and found Selene laying on the bed silently crying into her pillow while holding onto it tightly. 

The pets were laying as close as they could to her. Ares and fox cop were practically laying up against her.

Rose lay curled up on the bed beside her. 

Iris shut the door behind her and then walked over to the bed before sitting down. 

She didn't know what to say or do to help Selene, so she laid down beside her.

Selene slowly moved her head to the side and looked at Iris. "Iris?" 

Iris gave a small smile and nods. "You okay?" She asked. 

Selene scoffed a little. "Yeah...I um... I don't even know why I try anymore." She muttered nuzzling into her pillow. 

Iris frowned a little. "Tell me.." 

Selene looked up at her puzzled.

"About how Walker took you in? Like...I know he isn't your real dad...So how did that happen?" Iris asked. "I mean...you don't really talk about...." She trailed off. 

Fox cop brought her head up as if she was curious about the story as well. Ares, however, seemed to slip into a depressive state. His eyes dulled and glossed over. 

Rose gave no reaction she just continued staring ahead of her. 

Lily and James nuzzled themselves in between the two.

Selene seemed surprised by the question. She slowly sat up while wiping at her eyes. "Um...not much to tell really. I..I got really sick. One day, my..real dad was very busy running the kingdom...and with...With Tom... being sick all the time, they really didn't have much time for me. My mother....well...She wasn't much of a mother." Selene explained as she unconsciously picked up Ares and held him close. "So my father....asked dad if he would take care of me for a while...until I got better." 

"So...that's how it happened?" Iris asked puzzled. 

"Well that was...the start of it at least. Um, I went back after I got better.. but...I liked it here. It was....just me." Selene says as she got a distant look in her eyes. "No stares. No one was yelling or hitting each other. No one followed me. It was just...Safe."

Iris knew what she meant. She felt the same way. But something kept throwing her on a loop. What did she mean? "What do you mean by no one was yelling or hitting each other?" She asked. "You are royalty..." She trailed off. 

"Even royalty...are just humans. They fight. They..." Selene trailed off. 

Iris, sensing her friends distress, felt bad. "I'm sorry." She apologized. 

Selene shrugged a little. "I'm...over it." She says attempting to shrug it off. 

"But you are not." Iris argued. "You are not over it." She says sitting up. "Selene...Is your mother....is she a red head?" She asked suddenly..as though she was finally realizing something. 

Selene tensed up a little. "I...How.." She trailed off. 

"Its...Kind of obvious now." Iris says with a shrug. "That lady in the portrait...that was your mother. That's why...when I changed my hair you were really happy about it." She explained. 

"That's not..." Selene started to say, however stopped abruptly seeing the glare Iris was giving her. 

"Selene...don't lie. What did she do to make you hate red heads so much?" Iris asked watching her. She was determined to get to the bottom of it. 

Iris Lily Riddle- Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें