The beginning

"How was practice Tess?"

"It was okay." I said with a sigh.

"How's your arm holding up?"

"It hurts mom, I broke it months ago and I'm still not getting my skills."

"I know honey, but it's going to work out don't worry too much about it."

I walked up to my room and set my stuff down on my bed. I got changed out of my gymnastics leo, sat down next to my stuff, and pulled out my phone. I opened my group chat "Golds".

"Omg guys!!"

"whattt"

"I'm still so happy that I got my back tuck today!!!"

"IkR! I got mine too and I still can't believe it!"

"Good Job guys everyone did great today!"

"thanks coach!"

"thx coach!"

I threw my phone on my bed and rubbed my face with my hands. I couldn't even think about the fact that I was the best on my team last year. Now, I couldn't even get my back tuck. I was so stressed out about school and everything else I have going on this was just the cherry on top of it all.

Once I looked up from my hands, I saw my backpack staring me on the floor.

"Uggggg"

I threw myself back onto my bed and went back on my phone to scroll through social media. I watched youtube for a few hours and before I knew it, it was 4:30 am.

"I should text Mya", I thought.

"No, don't bother her",

"But I need someone to notice me, I need to feel better"

"NO"

I spent a few more minutes arguing with myself until I came to the conclusion that I was just going to try and sleep. It was a thursday, so I had school the next day.

"Great", I thought

________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next day and got my uniform on for school. It was only the beginning of my 7th grade year but I was already sick of school. I was sick of the kids, the teachers, and of course the workload.

I walked downstairs at about 7:30 to the sound of my dad's voice yelling for me to hurry up.

"I'm right here dad lets go" I told him

"You need to hurry up Tess"

"It's only 7:30 we're fine"

"STOP ARGUING WITH ME"

"I'm not arguing I'm JUST SAYING", my voice rose as well as his did.

"STOP IT TESSA"

I couldn't argue anymore on 2 hours of sleep even if that amount was normal for me. I shut up and looked out the window as we drove to the end of my street. As soon as I reached my bus stop I jumped out of the car and went to stand with my neighbors, which I often did to get away from my parents. I didn't understand them. They would always ask me to "talk to them", whatever that means, but then whenever I try to they always end up getting mad and yelling at me. That's why I sit in my own feelings, I don't really talk to them about my feelings at all anymore, or at least I try not to.

I walked onto the bus and said my hello to the bus driver. I sat down and put my headphones in to block out the noise of the kids on my bus. I never had the energy to do anything anymore, let alone deal with kids.

I scrolled through my Snapchat as I look as the few snaps I had and then I scrolled through my group chat as well. I responded to a few loose things and then I put my phone away and just listened to the bleak music that was playing as I closed my eyes.

I could feel the bus slow as we stopped in front of my school. I stood up and smoothed my skirt down as I walked out onto the concrete.