Shigu nodded. He contemplates the idea in his head. Turning is from every angle he could think of.

'Sunbo and you also doing long distance relationship, did you both text a lot?'

'Texting not too much. I prefer to videocall after I got home. Sunbo can be loud, so I prefer to talk to him after work. How about you and Haoting?'

'Usually Good morning and Good night text. Sometimes I texted him first if there are interesting things happening. Haoting sends photos of himself often, with his new coursemates and uni activities.Stuff like that, you know...'

'How about video call?'

'Not really. Uhmmm...I feel awkward.'

'Then have a discussion with Haoting about it. Misunderstanding is not good. You are having one right now, right?'

Shigu just sighs. He did say anything. Zhigang patted him on his shoulder and left. He can feel his phone vibrating in his pocket.

"12 Unread Message from Ah Hao"

He doesn't feel like reading any of them. He dreads it.

*

Haoting glanced at the watch. Shigu should be back anytime now.

TAP

TAP

TAP

The sound of footsteps and keys rattling. Shigu walks in and was surprised seeing Haoting right in front of the door.

Haoting took the bag and keys from Shigu, then drag Shigu in before he can protest.

'You didn't reply any of my message. '

Shigu said nothing. He stare that the broad back that is dragging him into the living room. Haoting sat themself at the sofa. He takes a gulp of the beer. 4 cans of empty beer on the table. Shigu eyed the phone between the cans.

Haoting followed his gaze. 'Are you angry about this morning?'

Shigu didn't reply but his face twitch a little.

'Promise me you wouldn't get mad with what I'm about to say.' Haoting squeezes Shigu's hands, looking straight into his eyes.

Again Shigu said nothing.

Haoting draws Shigu into his embrace with one leg stretching on the long sofa. He placed his chin comfortably on Shigu's shoulder, his left arm rounding Shigu's waist while his right hand hold his phone so both of them can see it. Shigu can feel Haoting's abs and hard chest on his back.

Haoting unlocks the phone. Then he proceed to the setting and add additional face recognition.

'Shigu babe, please look at the camera'

Shigu stare blankly at the camera. After a while a notification popped up ''Facial Unlock 2, successful''

Haoting drops a peck on Shigu's nape.

'This morning, there is something I'm afraid you will get mad if you see it.' Haoting proceed to open the Gallery folder. Then he taps on a folder.

Shigu eyes widen with what he saw. His photos. All of them. In the university, at the cafeteria, around the varsity lake. He took the phone into his hands. Haoting chuckles, playing with his hair while Shigu is scrolling through his gallery, questioning this and that.

'Mei Fang sent them to me. I'm afraid you'll get angry of you saw it. Are you?'

Shigu let out a relief sigh.

'I thought you are cheating on me...you know...'

'I would rather kill myself that do that to you, to us. Just ask me anything, don't doubt me, ok?'

Shigu nods slowly. Then he reached into his pocket and take out his phone. 'Can you do the setting like the one you did earlier?'

'You mean the facial recognition?'

'Hmmm'

'Ohh, you don't even set a password' Haoting commented. He tap on the contact. 3 names only.

''- Ah Hao

- Mrs Xiang

- Boss Zhigang-ge "

He laughed.

Dropping pecks and biting SHigu playfully in his embrace while continuing to scroll the content of Shigu's phone. The message to Zhigang are short, with constant update of the revenue and changes in staff schedule. His own mom messages Shigu more frequently that she messaged his own son. There are some messages related to the university, but none of the contact names are saved. His messages seems to be the only reason the phone is being used in the first place.

Shigu is doing the same with Haoting's phone. Asking permission every now and then to access different content of the phone from Haoting. He giggles with the funny photos and dumb conversation in the group chat.

Haoting sets their facial recognition on Shigu's phone as well. Then he rested his head on the crook of Shigu's neck. 'I would like it very much if you could send me your selfie once in a while. If it's awkward to do it outside, you can do it at home too. So I won't miss you so badly. I need to see you everyday, please.'

'Teach me. I'm bad at it.'

'Let's take a selfie together. Remember the one we took on Christmas day and your birthday? Lets use that angle. You try.'

Haoting took the remaining 2 cold beers from the fridge. Enjoying it together while taking photos at the living room until past midnight.

***

A/N: Trust is a fragile thing. Sometimes tiny misunderstanding can accumulates overtime and blew up later. I don't check my partner's phone but I know some of my friends that did. It depends on personal preference. Better talk it out, if you ever feel the need to know the content of your partner's phone, ask. Don't snoop around and break boundaries.

See you in the next chapter.

Cheers~