"Wait, when did you guys meet ASR?" Payal asked in confusion.

"Jab tum talli hoke apne behen ko peeche chodke aayi thi. Yaad hai? Arnav Singh Raizada dropped her home yesterday."

Payal did not respond to that. Garima just giggled as her husband made fun of their daughter and Akash looked away. Khushi finished her tea as fast as she could and got up.

"I should go and get ready if I am to reach in time." She said as she turned in the direction to her home.

"Tum kaise jaoge beta? The car has gone for servicing. I am not comfortable seeing you roam around in that activa of yours late at night." Shashi said.

"Don't worry Papa. I will get a cab."

*******

Khushi stood in front of her wardrobe. She was confused. She had looked up the restaurant and it was an upscale place. She had to dress up nicely for this. The final choice was between a red dress and a grey one. Then Anjali's words flashed in her mind.

"This is Chottey's favorite color." Anjali had said when she had tried that red lace dress on for the party.

There was no more doubt in her mind. She picked the dress up and examined it. She made a mental note of the accessories to go with the dress. She rushed to the washroom to take a quick bathe.

*******

By the time she came out, Payal was sprawled on her bed.

"Hey jiji." Khushi said as she wrapped her hair up in the towel.

"I am sorry for leaving you there. I was wasted." Payal said, slightly embarrassed.

"Oh, come on. It is okay. Since I don't really like to drink, this has been the case for the past few years. You know I like the responsibility. Papa was just pulling your leg."

"Still, it was an unfamiliar environment for you. I should have been supporting you."

"Not a big deal jiji." Khushi said as she sat in front of her mirror.

"So, what is this dinner about?" Payal asked as she walked to stand next to Khushi.

"I don't know. He just said he wanted to show me something. Are you worried?" Khushi asked as she remembered Payal's words from last time.

"Oh no no. He probably wants to talk to you about the contract or something. What is there to be worried about?" Payal asked as she handed Khushi the moisturizer.

"No. last time you told me to be careful around ASR." Khushi reminded.

"Oh well, that. Don't get me wrong. You had that lovestruck expression on your face. I have seen a lot of girls with that expression around him. And ASR being ASR pays no attention whatsoever to them. I see them heartbroken. Didn't want you ending up like that. I was just looking out for you."

Payal's words put Khushi at ease. She was worried about how Payal would react if she were to take this thing forward with ASR, whatever that was going on that is.

"Do you want my help?" Payal asked as Khushi took her damp hair out of the towel and looked for the hair dryer.

"Ye bhi koi poochne ki baat hai?" Khushi said as she handed the equipment to her sister.

Khushi meanwhile examined her nails, which was manicured the other day. There was no chipped nail paint and she was glad she chose black the previous day. It went well with the dress she had chosen.

Payal dried Khushi's hair. She instructed Khushi to change into the outfit before she styled her hair. Being in the industry, Payal had picked up all tricks from the stylists she often worked with. She styled Khushi hair into a side swept waves and Khushi loved it.

Arshi: Off The Stage (On-hold)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara