Chapter 48

A shaft of darkness darker than the night sky split the clouds and rushed at Archer and his Master, the clouds gathering and covering the moon as lightning started to clash in the skies.

Tonight, the Wild Hunt would find their prey.

Below her, Emiya murmured unconsciously.

"The King of Storms..."

Over the course of his human life, he had scoured many archives, libraries and databases in search of information regarding King Arthur and her legend, in hopes of finding a way to reach her. While it was all for nothing, he had still remembered many interesting facets of her legend, as well as many lesser known tidbits and offshoots of her story.

She who held the Holy Lance was the King of Storms, the one who led the Wild Hunt.

While others could contest the title as well, such as Francis Drake, Cain the first murderer and even Odin the chief god of Norse mythology, it was indisputable that the wielder of the spear that contained the tower shining at the ends of the world was qualified to become the leader. Now, she called on that little known side of her legend, the weather twisting to suit her whims as a storm gathered in the formerly clear skies.

Far away in the Einzbern mansion, Illya watched the battle intently.

In a quiet temple, Caster gazed uneasily at the gathering clouds while sweeping the leaves, Kuzuki in his shared room correcting his students school work with his remaining arm.

Rider paused in the middle of educating Shinji, looking at the window and at the gray clouds while his sweat soaked body trembling as he held the same pose he had been holding for the past ten minutes.

"W-What is it?"

Despite his obvious fatigue, his furiously red face and slightly parted lips that panted heavily seemed to suggest a certain level of enjoyment.

Rider looked back down on the Master she was sitting on.

"Sixty more pushups for speaking instead of conserving your breath."

"Eh?!"

"Twenty more tomorrow in addition to the usual."

Back at the school, the storm fully enveloped the skies above the school, the wind howling as fiercely as it did when there was a blizzard at the Einzbern castle, red lightning flashing in the sky as thunder rumbled and roared. Rain droplets that were small but heavy fell incessantly, instantly soaking Rin to the bone. Gray was forced to jump from the dirt and onto the asphalt road as the dirt became mud and sucked her boots in, hindering her movement.

In the midst of the chaotic weather, Lancer gazed at her opponents on the ground dispassionately.

"Llamrei, go forth. The Wild Hunt will REAP!"

No sooner had she spoken the last word when her horse whinnied and reared up, the lightning flashing behind her and silhouetting her figure. The moment he came back down, lightning struck his legs, the Mana Burst strengthened by several magnitudes as the dark clouds gathered around her spinning spear, the skies turning into one massive vortex that sucked the lightning and miasma originally circling her spear and combining them into a tornado with proportions that dwarfed the entire school. Purple and red laced through the clouds, with lightning occasionally lightning up sections of the twister, the wind reaching a crescendo as it turned into an unholy screeching that wormed its way into Rin, Gray's and the two Servant's ears.

Originally, her power as the King of Storm's only magnified her strength by half and gave her the ability to summon lightning strikes, even in her altered Lancer form, since it wasn't really a prominent part of her legends. However, in this timeline multiple versions of her were summoned, creating a resonance effect that verified their legends, making each part of them equally true and thus part of their Saint Graph since they all came from different backgrounds and legends. Hence, the moment of life or death when Caladbolg had almost annihilated her helped her instinctively reach deep down and unlock the power of the true King of Storms, the undefeated commander's Authority allowing her to weather the blast of an A-rank Broken Phantasm in combination with Blessings from the End of the World and her unbreakable spear.