I shut off my phone and smiled. I knew exactly what I was gonna get him. I was gonna get something he would never expect me to.

I called up my mom and asked her to come get to take me to a dealership. I had never been by myself, and wanted to make sure I did everything right.

•••

"Okay sign right here." The lady gave me a paper.

"Thank you." I grabbed the keys.

I walked to the front of the building and met my mom.

"This is nice." She mumbled lookin at the Jeep Trackhawk.

"Thanks imma go get it wrapped and tinted toma." I opened the door.

"What color?" She asked eyeing me.

"I'm thinking an army green." I shrugged.

"So y'all just buy cars for each other as a sign of love? It sounds artificial to me." She scoffed.

"Uhh no, we show each other plenty of love. That's how this got here" I pointed towards my belly "He's been looking at these fa minute, and he does a lot for me. Just because daddy can't stand you anymore doesn't mean my relationship is gonna crumble." I slammed the door.

She's always had some kind of animosity towards me. I'm not sure why, I did everything I was supposed to do. I loved my mom, but we didn't see eye to eye on a lot.

"Hey lovelies." I called our group chat.

"Hey hoeee." Shae joined.

"Wassup bitches." Lay stuck her tongue out.

"Waspoppin." Ari smacked her gum.

"Two things" I sped up on the highway "Shaebae I need to put this car in your garage." I drove towards their house.

"What for?" She asked.

"It's Jays gift for the gender reveal."

"Ouh okay." She nodded.

"And two y'all wanna go out to eat? Cause my mom just blew mine." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes sis I'm bored anyways." Ari shrugged.

"Okay and you best tell us." Lay pointed at me.

"I will...mwah! Shae I'm pulling up." I hung up.

"Hey friend." I hugged her.

"Hey babymomma." She rubbed my stomach.

"Lemme drive this in and we can leave." I hopped back in the truck. I drove it in the garage and hopped out getting in Shae's Porsche.

"This so tute." I looked at her blue interior.

"Thanks boo..that's fye, but Dubs gon kill you for spending that much." She side eyed me.

"It wasn't even that much." I rolled my eyes.

"Babes Trackhawks are like close to 100." She laughed.

"Blah blah blah..boohoo. Where we bout to eat it?" I asked her.

"I want some Mexican, Uncle Julios?"

"Yessir." I texted Lay and Ari letting them know where to meet us at.

"What you wearing to your gender reveal?" She drove.

"Sum white but not basic." I nodded.

"We can look after we eat." She said causing me to nod my head.

We arrived at the restaurant and got a table. Ari and Lay joined us and we ate. I loved my girls so much.

"But y'all my momma was big tripping." I rolled my eyes.

"What happen boo?" Ari bit into a taco.

"Basically she had sum to say about how I bought Jay that car. Like I feel like he does so much and he deserves it. And she just made me feel shallow like I wasn't really showing how much I love him." I teared up.

"So she was saying y'all were materialistic?" Lay scrunched her face up.

"Yea and I mean we have a lot, but all that could be gone tomorrow and I'd still be here. That's not what I'm with him for. Never has been, never will be. Do y'all think we're materialistic?" I wiped my tears.

"No I don't think so, y'all show love in big and small gestures. It's simple things y'all do." Shae shrugged.

"Like he bought y'all the house, but at the same time he simply just reminds you you're the only one for him." Lay added on.

"She been acting funny anyways." I shook my head.

"True dat." She nodded her head.

They started talking amongst themselves and I scrolled on TikTok.

"Niy why everyon-Oh my." Shae gasped.

"Huh?" I looked up eating a nacho.

"Did you see-What the fuck." I mumbled grabbing my buzzing phone.

I seen that people were tagging me in a IG post. I went to it and my mouth dropped on.

"Where's the guys?" Ari looked over my shoulder.

"Come on." I swallowed the lump in my throat standing up.

I had no more tears to cry over this. I just wanted to know why god kept choosing me.

-

I'm gonna finish by Thanksgiving hopefully.

What y'all think happened?

Niy's mom?

The gift?

Anddd would y'all want a second generation?

Trin out 🏃🏾‍♀️🏃🏾‍♀️