Missing

Ever since he kissed Mallory, Newt has been feeling different on the inside.

He's been having a weird dream for the past two nights. Mallory was running through the woods at night. She tripped over a tree root and fell down. As she was trying to get up, the woods got even darker and fog moved in on the ground. Then, there was a soft tone of echoing in the atmosphere. A tall man with curly hair came beside her and grabs her left wrist. He started to say something to Mallory. Or more like singing to her.

I see you dressed in white
Every wrong made right
I see a rose in bloom
At the sight of you

The man kneeled in front of Mallory and placed his hand on her chin. They were looking at each other straight in the eye.

You're irreplaceable, unmistakable, incomparable
Darling, it's beautiful
I see it all in you

He walked away from her, then another man came in. He was shorter than the other. He grabbed Mallory's right wrist and looked at her in the eye.

No matter what you've heard
This is what you're worth
More than all the money or the diamonds and pearls
This is who you are
Yeah, this is who you are

The two men helped Mallory stand up. One of them looked at her necklace, while the other cupped her face.

So when it's late
You're wide awake
Too much to take
Don't you dare forget that in the pain
You can be brave
Hear me say

Mallory looked like that she could trust these men. She grabbed their hands and all three of them walked through the misty fog together.

I see you dressed in white
Every wrong made right
I see a rose in bloom
At the sight of you
You're irreplaceable, unmistakable, incomparable
Darling, it's beautiful
I see it all in you

Sisters, we can start again
Give honor 'til the end
Love, we can start again
Ohh, Brothers, we can start again
Give honor 'til the end
Yes, we can start again
We can start again
We can start again

Then, Newt wakes up in a cold sweat.

"Shuck, that's the third time. I need to figure this out." he whispered to himself, while wiping his forehead.

Newt climbed out of his bed and snuck out of the Keepers' house. He knew where he was going.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~

It's the next morning. Mallory didn't see Newt at breakfast. She went around asking anyone who might've seen him. She saw Thomas and Chuck by the gardens, and walked over to them.

"Hey, guys. How's it going?" Mallory said.

"Good. Hard job this morning." Chuck said, setting down all the wood he was carrying in his arms.

"Mallory, have you seen Newt?" Thomas asked.

"I was just going to ask you the same thing. I haven't seen him all morning. I looked everywhere." she said.

"If I wouldn't know any better, the only other place he could be is in the Maze." Chuck said as a joke.

"What?!" Thomas and Mallory questioned in unison.