A Friend's Betrayal

Thomas's POV
I left my friends to go over to talk to Teresa. She was standing on the edge of the rock ledge, staring at the sky.

"Hey. Are you okay? Are you doing okay?" I asked.

Teresa turned around for a quick second to see me behind her.

"Just thinking." she answered.

"Alright, I'll let you be alone." I said, then started to make my way back down.

"Do you remember your mother?" Teresa asked out of the blue.

I stopped and thought for a second.

"I think so." I answered.

"I remember mine. She was a beautiful woman, everybody loved her. Before WICKED, she was all I had. When she got sick, I didn't know what to do. They just kept her locked up, hidden. I thought she'd get better. Every night, she'd make these awful sounds, like screaming. And then one night, she just stopped. It was finally quiet. I went down to her room and there was blood everywhere. She just sat there all calm. She said that she was feeling better. The visions were gone, she'd taken care of them. Then, she took her eyes out, Thomas." Teresa explained, while holding back tears.

I was lost for words.

"There are millions of people suffering out there. Millions of stories, just like mine. We can't turn our backs on them. I won't!" Teresa said.

"Wait, what are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying I want you to understand," Teresa said.

"Understand what?" I questioned.

"Why I did it." Teresa said.

Then, there was lights and the sound of helicopters off in the distance. They looked like they were heading towards the Right Arm's base.

It all came clear. Teresa told WICKED their location and now they're coming.

"Teresa?!" I exclaimed.

"Please don't fight them, Thomas." she begged.

"What have you done? What have you done?" I asked in a panic, then ran down the rock ledge.

I ran as fast as I could to find the others. I was very scared of what was going to happen when the helicopters got closer. Then, the helicopters fired explosives at the Right Arm's base and it blew up like a fireball.

                                Normal POV
Chaos started to unfold as people were running in all directions and fire engulfed most of the base.

"Alright, drop in, boys. Round them up." Janson said in the helicopter.

WICKED guards dropped down from the helicopters and started to shoot at random people.

Newt, Minho, Frypan, and Mallory ran down from mountain ridge to get down to the base.

"Where's Thomas?" Frypan asked as they hid behind some barrels.

"Guys, look! Over there!" Mallory said.

She spotted Vince and Harriet by a truck, preparing themselves to fight back.

"Vince! Harriet!" Minho yelled.

They four of them made a run for it to get to the truck.

"How can we help?" Frypan asked.

"You need to cover us!" Harriet said.

"Hey! You know how to use this thing? Cover me! This could be our only chance." Vince said, handing a gun to Minho.